Time for round two of this year's NFC West featured columnist competition!
For those of you who are unfamiliar with this competition, please click here for a brief outline of the rules as well as a small bio of each contestant.
In short, this is a pick 'em competition. Contestants are in teams of two, each representing the team which they write for on Bleacher Report.
Each week, I will publish an article which announces the picks, such as this. Additionally, I will publish a results article once the games are completed, which will include weekly and yearly standings.
Observations from Week Two Picks
- Everybody likes the Falcons, Vikings, Packers, Titans, and Redskins—Favre Mania continues in Week Two, but are the contestants praising Minnesota, or simply following protocol by picking against Detroit? Most of these teams benefit from excellent matchups, but take note that a few of these teams may be susceptible to upsets...
- Nobody likes the Panthers, Lions, Bengals, Texans, or Rams—This is a fairly accurate group of teams that will likely end up in the top ten of the 2010 NFL Draft. Our contestants either have faith in the teams picked to win, or refuse to pick one of these franchises to win. Does anyone else think that Houston might not belong in this bunch?
- Chris and Steven: The Odd Couple—Smitten with rage over being labeled the even couple in Week One, the Arizona reps developed a "you pick one, I'll pick the other" approach in Week Two. These two agreed on a minuscule six of sixteen picks. There is potential for one of these two to ace Week Two, but the other to fail miserably. Check for updates via Facebook, Twitter, or classified ads seeking a new partner
- Andrew and Dray: The Even Couple—Laced with joy over a second place finish in Week One, the San Francisco reps developed a "you pick one and I'm on board" approach in Week Two. They're just like Week One in Arizona, as these two shared minds on a competition-high fourteen picks in Week Two.
- Everyone paid attention in Week One—Don't believe me? Take a look at the teams who showed poorly in week one. Baltimore's offensive explosion prompted the contestants to favor them over a San Diego squad who struggled mightily with Oakland; Baltimore is favored five to three. Most notably, the New England Patriots barely escaped a week one upset from Buffalo. This led the guys to shy away from them, picking against the Pats five of eight times.
- Homer Alert—The San Francisco reps both support their team, the St. Louis reps both threw their team overboard, while Arizona and Seattle published split decisions. Scotty posted the only homer choice which is also Underdog Bonus eligible, and Chris took the Cardinals in a matchup which is split 4-4. Also, Andrew made a note in his picks that his selection of the New York Jets is a homer pick.
Without further ado, here are the picks. Please comment below with your thoughts.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!