Following Borussia Dortmund's emphatic victory against Real Madrid this week, football hipsters everywhere have been rejoicing.
Dortmund are a very trendy team to follow, for the more zeitgeist aware football fans, or "football hipsters."
As a firm favorite for football's fashionable fans, what are the qualities that can attract hipster fans to the likes of Dortmund?
They are usually:
- Good youth policy. (Buying a player over the age of 21? What are you trying to run here? A retirement home?)
- Being an obscure choice, not necessarily the biggest or most successful team. (Trophies aren't where it's at)
- Playing "attractive," fluid football. The ball rarely leaves the ground (Stoke City need not apply)
- Have an anti-establishment history to them or roots with left-wing politics. (Because nothing says "anarchist" like a sports club that play every year, without fail, in a league structure that has prizes and points awarded in accordance with performance)
- They don't play in the Premier League. (The most watched league in the world, doesn't look good in thick-rimmed spectacles)
So we're naming the top 10 hipster teams in World Football.