
Earl Thomas Skips Seahawks Workouts Ahead of Final Year of Contract
Seattle Seahawks safety Earl Thomas reportedly skipped the start of the team's voluntary offseason workout program Monday.
Brock Huard of 710 ESPN Seattle provided the update Tuesday, via co-host Mike Salk.
Thomas is set to enter the final season of his four-year, $40 million contract. He's slated to earn an $8.5 million base salary with a $1.9 million signing bonus for a total salary-cap hit of $10.4 million, per Spotrac.
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
Colts Release Kenny Moore

Projecting Every NFL Team's Starting Lineup 🔮

Rookie WRs Who Will Outplay Their Draft Value 📈
In January, the 28-year-old six-time Pro Bowl selection told NFL Network's Jane Slater he's not comfortable putting his body on the line with one year on his deal:
He also addressed being caught on camera when he said to Dallas Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett, "If y'all got the chance to come get me, come get me." He told Slater he got caught up in the moment after a December clash between the teams.
Thomas has remained on the Seahawks roster despite an offseason overhaul on defense that included the release of cornerbacks Richard Sherman and Jeremy Lane as well as the trade of defensive end Michael Bennett to the Philadelphia Eagles.
General manager John Schneider confirmed last month the team is listening to trade offers for the safety, per Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times.
"Earl's under contract for another season, and if we're not listening to everybody, we are not doing a very good job," he said. "So we have to listen to everything that's going on all the time."
Thomas will not face any discipline for his absence since the workouts are voluntary. The only mandatory session before training camp is June 12-14.

.png)





