
Brock Osweiler Says He Wants to Be Cleveland Browns' Starting QB
Cleveland Browns quarterback Brock Osweiler made his desire for the upcoming season clear, telling reporters Wednesday he "[wants] to be the starter of this team," per NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala.
Cody Kessler started eight games for the Browns in 2016, while Kevin Hogan came on for reserve duty in four contests. DeShone Kizer—selected in the second round of the 2017 NFL draft out of Notre Dame—is also on the roster. All three will be Osweiler's competition for the starting job.
ESPN's Adam Schefter spoke to a Browns player last Wednesday who said he "wouldn't be surprised if Brock is QB1 heading into camp in July."
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
Colts Release Kenny Moore

Projecting Every NFL Team's Starting Lineup 🔮

Rookie WRs Who Will Outplay Their Draft Value 📈
Osweiler is the most experienced quarterback on the roster, but his track record as a starter isn't great.
He threw for 2,957 yards, 15 touchdowns and 16 interceptions in 14 starts for the Houston Texans last year. Football Outsiders ranked him 33rd among 34 qualified quarterbacks in DYAR (defense-adjusted yards above replacement).
"My fundamentals slipped last season," Osweiler said Wednesday, per Cleveland.com's Mary Kay Cabot. "Some poor throws, poor decision-making."
Osweiler struggled in his final season with the Denver Broncos as well before Peyton Manning came back from injury for the playoffs.
Given the Browns' inability to develop quarterbacks since their return to the NFL in 1999, Cleveland would seemingly be the last place for Osweiler to have a career renaissance.
In addition, the Browns would save $18 million by cutting him next offseason, per Over the Cap. Rather than making Osweiler their quarterback of the future, their plan may be to keep him on the roster long enough to execute that move.
Still, the 26-year-old has the chance to show in Cleveland this year that he'd deserve an opportunity to start elsewhere.

.png)





