UFC 181 is now in the books.
The event delivered some good action, especially on the main card, which featured a couple of first round knockouts, complements of the heavyweight division, and a pair of title fights.
In the first of those title fights, Anthony Pettis defended his strap for the first time. Challenger Gilbert Melendez made it tough, but the champ’s superior speed and off-the-charts finishing ability won the day.
In the night’s main event Robbie Lawler dethroned Johny Hendricks, evening the score to 1-1 in their head-to-head ledger. The bout was a close one, yielding a split decision that when Lawler’s way on two of three cards.
Check out the UFC 181 quick results for a summary of each match:
UFC 181 Main Card
- Robbie Lawler def. Johny Hendricks, split decision (48-47, 47-48, 49-46)
- Anthony Pettis def. Gilbert Melendez, submission (Round 2, 1:53)
- Travis Browne def. Brendan Schaub, TKO (Round 1, 4:50)
- Todd Duffee def. Anthony Hamilton, knockout (Round 1, 0:33)
- Tony Ferguson def. Abel Trujillo, submission (Round 2, 4:19)
Prelims On FOX Sports 1
- Urijah Faber def. Francisco Rivera, submission (Round 2, 1:34)
- Josh Samman def. Eddie Gordon, knockout (Round 2, 3:08)
- Corey Anderson def. Justin Jones, unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Raquel Pennington def. Ashlee Evans-Smith, submission (Round 1, 4:59)
Prelims On UFC Fight Pass
- Sergio Pettis def. Matt Hobar, unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Clay Collard def. Alex White, unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
For a thorough account of the entire event, scroll down to read Bleacher Report’s play-by-play coverage.