Luiz Felipe Scolari Questioning Roman Abramovich’s Plan for Chelsea?
Luiz Felipe Scolari is reported to have made it clear he wants a couple of players although Peter Kenyon insists Chelsea plan to continue with the ‘Scrooge’ theme.
However, despite having previously appeared to shrug his shoulders over the availability of cash for transfers, we’re now being told Scolari has declared it’ll be another case of
‘Old Mother Hubbard’ at Stamford Bridge this season unless players are brought in.
At a supporters forum on Thursday night, Scolari is quoted as saying “I think the board know it, I know it and the fans know it. We need one or two more players to put in the team and if we get them then we are in good condition to win trophies at the end of the season and, if not, there might be problems. If we have two more players in the squad, we will have a good chance.”
Mind you, anyone who read the transcripts on the club’s site wouldn’t know he said that because this quote is mysteriously missing.
You see, it’s alleged Scolari’s opinion didn’t meet with his boss’ approval, so they met with the editor’s delete key instead and a club ‘spokesman’ is said to have offered the Daily Mail this explanation: “Transcripts can be edited for a variety of reasons. In this case it may have created unnecessary and misconstrued media speculation again about the transfer window, a subject the manager was always going to be asked to address in his Press conference on Friday.”
Meanwhile, Peter Kenyon continues with the party-line, saying “I don’t think we will be doing any business in the January transfer window because the type of players we are looking for are not available. Another reason is that we have still got some long-term injuries coming back and in January or February, Chelsea will have more player availability.”
Which is all well and good, Peter, assuming they’re all perfectly match-fit and we haven’t suffered any more disasters along the way. Nevertheless, Kenyon maintains we need to change our outlook of past seasons and not simply “throw bodies at the problem.” And I entirely agree but only because I think we should be throwing, young, talented bodies at it instead now.
Anyway, we won’t know what’s going to happen in the transfer window until January comes around, so this speculation will run and run. As for the speculation about Scolari’s ‘statement’, if he did actually say it, then it’s not exactly a sentiment I’d disagree with.
By the way, did any of the supporters at the forum actually hear Scolari say that?






.jpg)







