
Danny Farquhar Released from Hospital After Suffering Aneurysm; Out for Season
Chicago White Sox pitcher Danny Farquhar has been ruled out for the remainder of the 2018 season after suffering a ruptured aneurysm during a game last month.
On Monday, the White Sox said Farquhar has been released from the hospital, and his neurosurgeon expects him to make a full recovery and pitch again.
Farquhar, 31, left an April 20 game against the Houston Astros after collapsing in the dugout at Guaranteed Rate Field. He was rushed to a local hospital, where he underwent brain surgery.
TOP NEWS

Assessing Every MLB Team's Development System ⚾
.png)
10 Scorching MLB Takes 🌶️

Yankees Call Up 6'7" Prospect 📈
"He has been progressing every day," Farquhar's agent, Sohail Shahpar, told Yahoo Sports' Jeff Passan on Thursday. "And the outlook is positive in terms of his overall recovery."
"It crushes us in this clubhouse," pitcher James Shields told reporters last month. "And nothing really matters baseball-wise when something like that happens, you know? When you see one of your brothers go down like that, it's not very fun to watch, and he's such a resilient human being, and we're praying for him. We hope everything goes well with that.
"Baseball doesn't matter when it comes to something like that. All that matters is family and life, and like I said, he's a brother of ours, he's a great teammate and you don't ever want to see one of your brothers go through something like that. We're praying for him."
Farquhar was in his seventh MLB season. He joined the White Sox as a free agent midway through the 2017 campaign and had a 1-1 record with a 5.63 ERA and 0.75 WHIP in eight appearances this year.



.jpg)







