WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan said he should apologize to every wrestler for racist comments he made in a sex tape leaked in 2015.
On Saturday, TMZ Sports released a video interview with Hogan, who addressed former world heavyweight champion Mark Henry's suggestion that he should apologize to every black wrestler in WWE if he wants to return to the company.
"I totally agree with him," he said. "Not to the black wrestlers, to all the wrestlers. What I said was way out of line and I'm forever sorry for that."
Henry told TMZ Sports in February that "after an apology to all existing African-American talent" Hogan would be welcomed back because "we are a forgiving world."
WWE terminated its contract with Hogan in 2015 after leaked video footage from a previously released sex tape showed him making racial slurs about his daughter's then-boyfriend, who is black, and saying everyone is "a little racist."
"Eight years ago I used offensive language during a conversation." Hogan said in a statement to People Magazine after the tape was released. "It was unacceptable for me to have used that offensive language; there is no excuse for it; and I apologize for having done it."
After Mike Johnson of PWInsider.com reported on March 22 that discussions between Hogan and WWE about a potential return have taken place, the company issued a statement about his employment status.
"We have had discussions with Terry Bollea (aka Hulk Hogan) about how he can help others learn from his mistakes, however, he is not under any contract with WWE," WWE's statement said.
Hogan's last appearance for WWE was at WrestleMania 31 as part of the New World Order to interfere in the Triple H vs. Sting match.