Shams Charania of Yahoo Sports passed along the news Saturday and noted Bogut is expected to sign with a team competing for the postseason. The Lakers later announced they requested waivers on the post player.
The 33-year-old Australia native has averaged 1.5 points and 3.3 rebounds across 24 appearances for the Lakers. He's played just nine minutes per contest for the rebuilding squad.
Last month, the 2005 first overall pick said Lakers players were growing frustrated as the team's record faded after a solid 5-5 start, per Ohm Youngmisuk of ESPN.com.
"Pouting? Possibly. Guys are frustrated," Bogut said. "There are some injuries right now, different rotations. Guys are frustrated, obviously. You would be lying to say that there are guys that are not frustrated on this team."
The University of Utah product also talked about the cloud of uncertainty over the organization with the front office gearing up to make a run at high-profile free agents during the offseason.
"Everyone knows what is going on with the salary-cap situation next season and all that," he said. "That is just distractions that we can't let affect us. That is part of the league, the business decisions that front offices and coaches make. So if that is distracting guys, that is going to be like that your whole career. That is just the nature of this league."
With the Lakers owning an 11-27 record and once again looking toward the future, Bogut remaining in L.A makes little sense for either side.
Los Angeles will attempt to fill the roster vacancy by signing a player with shooting prowess to a 10-day contract, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
Ben DuBose of Sports Talk 790 noted the Houston Rockets, who have an open roster spot, could make an attempt to sign Bogut after previous interest.