
Hugh Freeze Makes 1st Comments Since Resigning as Ole Miss Football Coach
Hugh Freeze kept a positive attitude in his first public comments since resigning as head coach of the Ole Miss football team.
"God is good, even in difficult times," Freeze said Wednesday, per Josh Peter and Antonio Morales of USA Today. "Wonderful wife and family, and that’s my priority."
Freeze announced his decision to leave the school last week after it was discovered he had made a call to an escort service.
The former coach explained that his family is standing by him through the recent ordeal, as well as friends who expressed disappointment in his actions.
"I would expect that," he said of the reactions.
Freeze spent five years with Ole Miss, producing a 39-25 record in this stretch. He took over a team that went just 2-10 the season before his arrival led the squad to four bowl games in five years, winning three of them.
In 2015, he led the Rebels to a 10-3 record and a win in the Sugar Bowl.
Unfortunately, his time with the program was also mired in scandal. The school received a notice of 13 violations by the football team from the NCAA for breaking recruiting rules and mostly agreed with them, noting nine of them took place under Freeze.
Matt Luke has been named the team's interim coach heading into the 2017 season.





.jpg)

.png)





.jpg)
