
Cowboys News: Stephen Jones 'Confident' Zack Martin Will Sign Contract Extension
Zack Martin has established himself as one of the best offensive linemen in the NFL, and the Dallas Cowboys are going to do what they can to lock him up with a long-term contract.
"We'd love to get Zack Martin's [deal] done," Cowboys director of player personnel Stephen Jones said Sunday, per Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News. "He's an important part of our future...confident we'll get something worked out."
The 26-year-old is already set to earn a big raise in 2018 after the team picked up his fifth-year option. According to Spotrac, he will make about $1.6 million in base salary in 2017 but about $9.3 million the following season unless the parties agree to a new extension.
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
NFL star fakes injury at Savannah Bananas game
.jpg)
NFL Stars Who Could Reset Market 💰
.jpg)
Schotty Sells Home For $3.8M 🏡
If his salary remains, he would already be the third-highest paid offensive guard in the NFL behind only Kelechi Osemele and Kevin Zeitler.
With that said, the Cowboys will want to ensure Martin stays with the team as long as possible. The 2014 first-round pick has started all 48 games of his career so far, earning three Pro Bowl selections and two spots on the All-Pro first team. He was named to the second team in his other season.
Pro Football Focus named him the best run-blocker at his position last year:
Dallas has built up arguably the best offensive line in football, with left tackle Tyron Smith and center Travis Frederick also among the best in the NFL at their positions. After the 13-3 performance in 2016, the organization will likely try to keep as many of its key players around for the long haul.
Keeping Martin will go a long way toward ensuring future success.
.jpg)



.png)




