
Ole Miss Commit Bobby Wolfe Decommits After Hugh Freeze Resigns
Ole Miss lost its commitment from defensive back Bobby Wolfe, a member of the 2019 recruiting class, Thursday night following the resignation of Rebels head football coach Hugh Freeze.
Wolfe confirmed his decision to decommit to Tom VanHaaran on ESPN.
The cornerback became the first member of the Rebels' 2019 class in late May. He told Yancy Porter of Scout the University of Mississippi was his "dream school" and made his commitment shortly after being offered a full scholarship.
"That's been my dream school since I've been in high school," Wolfe said. "I want to go somewhere that they truly care for you. I know at Ole Miss I'll be taken care of on and off of the field. It's a family over there. I'm a Rebel for life now."
The Houston native, who attends James Madison High School, is currently rated as a 3-star prospect, according to the Scout.com rankings.
Kevin Spain of USA Today reported Freeze resigned Thursday after an investigation by the outlet discovered a short phone call from a "university-issued phone to a female escort service." Ole Miss athletic director Ross Bjork said the school would have terminated him if he didn't step down.
"Once we looked at the rest of the phone records we found a pattern," Bjork said. "It was troubling."
Matt Luke has taken control of the program as interim head coach.
No prospects from the Rebels' 2018 class have announced a decommitment so far, per VanHaaran. One member of the group, offensive lineman Blaine Scott, told ESPN he's going to make a decision within the next couple days.





.jpg)

.png)





.jpg)
