
Travon Blanchard Arrested on Charge of Assault Family Violence
Baylor Bears defensive back Travon Blanchard was arrested and charged with assault family violence on Tuesday stemming from an alleged incident that occurred with his ex-girlfriend in February.
According to KWTX's Rissa Shaw and John Carroll, Blanchard posted $6,000 bond and was released from jail Tuesday evening.
Blanchard was previously ordered to stay away from the woman's residence and avoid communication after he was accused of "multiple acts of violence" against her.
"Travon Blanchard was suspended from all team activities immediately after learning of allegations made against him in February," the school said in a statement, per KWTX. "That status has not changed and he has had no involvement with the program since that time. The university is aware of the arrest made today in connection with the previous allegations against Blanchard and will monitor the developments of this charge for any additional decision regarding his affiliation as a student-athlete."
On Tuesday, Baylor head coach Matt Rhule addressed Blanchard's status with the program in advance of the 2017 season.
"Travon's been suspended since the very first day we heard about that incident," Rhule said, according to the Dallas Morning News' Adam Grosbard. "That's kind of our policy, suspended until university inquiry and anything legal happens. So there's really been no change in his status."





.jpg)



.png)




.jpg)