
David Price Rips Local Boston Media, Says He Won't Give Personal Interviews
Boston Red Sox starting pitcher David Price expressed dismay with the local media Wednesday and his desire to limit contact to only days he pitches.
According to Dan Shaughnessy of the Boston Globe, Price also said he no longer wants to answer questions that are personal in nature:
"I'm not cautious. I'm the same me. I don't talk to the media every day like I did last year, and I guess I get blown up for that. But I was honest with everything they asked me last year and I get blown up for that. So they did this to themselves. Talk to me on the day I pitch and that's it. There are no more personal interviews. There are no more asking me questions on a personal level. That's done."
TOP NEWS

Assessing Every MLB Team's Development System ⚾
.png)
10 Scorching MLB Takes 🌶️

Yankees Call Up 6'7" Prospect 📈
Shaughnessy added that Price has been Boston sports talk radio fodder since signing with the Red Sox prior to last season.
The 31-year-old lefty signed a seven-year, $217 million contract with the Red Sox, per Spotrac, and early returns haven't been ideal.
Although he went 17-9 last season, Price had a lofty 3.99 ERA and allowed the most hits in Major League Baseball. He was also beaten badly in a postseason start against the Cleveland Indians.
The former Cy Young Award winner started the 2017 campaign on the disabled list with an elbow injury, but he recently returned to action.
In two starts, Price is 1-0 with a 3.00 ERA, 0.67 WHIP and 11 strikeouts in 12 innings.
The Red Sox are just two games behind the New York Yankees for the AL East lead, and Price will have a chance to pitch them within one game when he takes the mound against the Bronx Bombers on Thursday.



.jpg)







