
Derek Norris Denies Former Fiancee's Abuse Allegations Amid MLB Investigation
Tampa Bay Rays catcher Derek Norris said abuse allegations made against him by his ex-fiancée, which are currently under investigation by Major League Baseball, "could not be further from the truth."
Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com first reported word of the MLB probe into the matter early Wednesday after receiving confirmation from league spokesperson Pat Courtney. Norris responded to the claims by releasing a statement later Wednesday to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times.
"First, I want to be absolutely clear that abuse of any form, is completely unacceptable," he said through his agent. "Allegations regarding this issue are a very serious matter and should not be taken lightly under any circumstances. That being said, in this circumstance, the comments made by my ex-fiancee could not be further from the truth. I have NEVER been physically or emotionally abusive towards her, or anyone else in my life."
TOP NEWS

Assessing Every MLB Team's Development System ⚾
.png)
10 Scorching MLB Takes 🌶️

Yankees Call Up 6'7" Prospect 📈
The investigation stems from an Instagram post by Kristen Eck. She didn't list Norris by name in the message, but Crasnick noted she was identified as Norris' fiancée in 2015.
"I also was physically and emotionally abused by this beautiful man," she wrote. "He gave me a lifestyle most people only dreamed of, but it came at a price."
Norris told the Tampa Bay Times: "I plan to go above and beyond to assist MLB with their investigation into this matter.'' The outlet also provided a statement from the organization.
"The Rays wholly support MLB's domestic violence policy," the team said. "We take these allegations very seriously and will fully cooperate with the commissioner's office on this matter."
Norris signed with Tampa Bay in March. The 28-year-old Kansas native previously played for the Oakland Athletics and San Diego Padres in an MLB career that's spanned six years.



.jpg)







