NFLNBANHLMLBWNBARoland-GarrosSoccer
Featured Video
Steelers got a LOT better this offseason
LONDON, ENGLAND - AUGUST 23: Nemanja Matic of Chelsea during the EFL Cup match between Chelsea and Bristol Rovers at Stamford Bridge on August 23, 2016 in London, England. (Photo by Catherine Ivill - AMA/Getty Images)
LONDON, ENGLAND - AUGUST 23: Nemanja Matic of Chelsea during the EFL Cup match between Chelsea and Bristol Rovers at Stamford Bridge on August 23, 2016 in London, England. (Photo by Catherine Ivill - AMA/Getty Images)Catherine Ivill - AMA/Getty Images

Chelsea Transfer News: Latest Rumours on Nemanja Matic and Felipe Anderson

Rob BlanchetteOct 9, 2016

Chelsea midfielder Nemanja Matic has "sparked speculation" about his future after being pictured with his agent in Milan, prompting rumours about the reason for their visit to Italy.

A photograph of the two men was obtained by Gianluca Di Marzio (h/t George Bellshaw of Metro), as the Serbian enforcer was pictured with his representative Giuseppe Riso. The 28-year-old has been linked with a switch to Serie A after Juventus enquired about the player last summer. 

Matic recently spoke about his future at Chelsea after a poor campaign last season, which saw the Blues surrender their Premier League crown to Leicester City

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports
LONDON, ENGLAND - SEPTEMBER 16:  Nemanja Matic of Chelsea in action during the Premier League match between Chelsea and Liverpool at Stamford Bridge on September 16, 2016 in London, England.  (Photo by Clive Rose/Getty Images)

A month ago, the midfielder explained to Sky Sports that new boss Antonio Conte had reassured him about his place at Stamford Bridge.

“I spoke with the club and we both decided that it was best for the club and for me to stay," Matic said. "As I said, I’m very happy to be here. I want to improve my game and I’m sure Conte is the right coach to do that."

Matic has remained in favour during Conte's early days in charge at Stamford Bridge, and he has maintained a starting berth under the Italian.

The player has started seven times in the Premier League this term, according to WhoScored.com, providing two assists.

UDINE - OCTOBER 01: Felipe Anderson of SS Lazio in action during the Serie A match between Udinese Calcio and SS Lazio at Stadio Friuli on October 1, 2016 in Udine, Italy. (Photo by Getty Images/Getty Images)

In other Blues news, Conte has turned his attentions to Lazio dynamo Felipe Anderson and wants to sign the flair player in the January transfer window.

According to MailOnline, the 23-year-old is now on Chelsea's radar after Eagles club president Claudio Lotito rejected a €50 million (£44.9 million) approach from Manchester United last year.

Anderson has not been at his best this season as he struggles to regain the form that set pulses racing last term.

Here is a video of the player in action:

Anderson's form has always been streaky in nature, and the original offer from United appeared steep for the burgeoning talent.

The player is blessed with versatility and would give Chelsea another option in multiple positions and formations, as Conte tries to capture a winning formula in England.

Anderson is happiest as a winger, but the Olympic gold medalist is also adept at wing-back—a position he has played for Lazio this year.

If Chelsea can lower Lotito's price tag for the Brazilian, he would be an exciting addition for the Blues, especially if Conte moves forward with a 3-5-2 system.

Steelers got a LOT better this offseason

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports
United States v Japan - International Friendly
FIFA World Cup 2026 Venues - New York New Jersey Stadium

TRENDING ON B/R