NFLNBANHLMLBWNBARoland-GarrosSoccer
Featured Video
Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals 🔥
FILE - In this July 7, 2015 file photo, Los Angeles Clippers' Branden Dawson goes in for an uncontested dunk against the Oklahoma City Thunder during an NBA summer league basketball game in Orlando, Fla. The Los Angeles Police Department reported that Dawson has been arrested on suspicion of spousal abuse and taken into custody at his home in the Playa Vista area of Los Angeles around 7:30 a.m. Sunday, March 13, 2016. He was released on $50,000 bail about six hours later. (AP Photo/John Raoux)
FILE - In this July 7, 2015 file photo, Los Angeles Clippers' Branden Dawson goes in for an uncontested dunk against the Oklahoma City Thunder during an NBA summer league basketball game in Orlando, Fla. The Los Angeles Police Department reported that Dawson has been arrested on suspicion of spousal abuse and taken into custody at his home in the Playa Vista area of Los Angeles around 7:30 a.m. Sunday, March 13, 2016. He was released on $50,000 bail about six hours later. (AP Photo/John Raoux)John Raoux/Associated Press

Branden Dawson Will Not Face Charges After Domestic Violence Arrest

Tim DanielsApr 6, 2016

Los Angeles Clippers forward Branden Dawson reportedly won't face charges after being arrested in March on suspicion of felony spousal abuse.

Ben Bolch of the Los Angeles Times reported Wednesday the L.A. City Attorney's office has decided not to move forward with the case due to insufficient evidence. 

Andrew Han of ESPN.com reported Dawson had been arrested in the early morning of March 13 after an alleged incident, which a source told the outlet's J.A. Adande involved the player's live-in girlfriend. No further details about the situation were released.

TOP NEWS

With Jayson Tatum sidelined, Celtics' fourth-quarter comeback falls short in Game 7 loss to 76ers
DENVER NUGGETS VS GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS, NBA

Dawson, who spent three weeks away from the Clippers while the process played out, stated earlier this week that his attorney told him not to discuss specifics, but he was confident no charges being field would be the end result of the investigation, according to Bolch: "I was baffled by the whole thing. My career and everything can be taken away so fast. That was the one thing I was nervous about, but I never had a doubt in my mind. I knew what happened that night, so I knew the truth was going to come to light."

He added: "I'm not that kind of guy. I'm not a criminal. That's not me."

The 23-year-old Michigan State product has seen extremely limited action across three appearances for the Clippers this season. The team selected him in the second round of the 2015 NBA draft, and he's spent much of the campaign developing in the D-League.

He's been assigned to the Bakersfield Jam, Grand Rapids Drive and Erie BayHawks. He's played 29 games across those various development stints, averaging 10.3 points and five rebounds while shooting 51 percent from the floor.

Dan Woike of the Orange County Register reported Saturday that Dawson was already spotted back at Clippers practice. Now that it's been announced he won't face charges, he'll look to start making up for lost time with an eye toward earning a more consistent role next season.

Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals 🔥

TOP NEWS

With Jayson Tatum sidelined, Celtics' fourth-quarter comeback falls short in Game 7 loss to 76ers
DENVER NUGGETS VS GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS, NBA
Houston Rockets v Los Angeles Lakers - Game Five
Milwaukee Bucks v Boston Celtics

TRENDING ON B/R