NFLNBANHLMLBWNBARoland-GarrosSoccer
Featured Video
Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals 🔥
In this photo taken on Friday, Oct. 25, 2013, Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling, center, and V. Stiviano, right, watch the Clippers play the Sacramento Kings during the first half of an NBA basketball game, in Los Angeles. The NBA is investigating a report of an audio recording in which a man purported to be Sterling makes racist remarks while speaking to Stiviano.  NBA spokesman Mike Bass said in a statement Saturday, April 26, 2014, that the league is in the process of authenticating the validity of the recording posted on TMZ's website. Bass called the comments
In this photo taken on Friday, Oct. 25, 2013, Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling, center, and V. Stiviano, right, watch the Clippers play the Sacramento Kings during the first half of an NBA basketball game, in Los Angeles. The NBA is investigating a report of an audio recording in which a man purported to be Sterling makes racist remarks while speaking to Stiviano. NBA spokesman Mike Bass said in a statement Saturday, April 26, 2014, that the league is in the process of authenticating the validity of the recording posted on TMZ's website. Bass called the commentsMark J. Terrill/Associated Press

Donald Sterling Loses Appeal to Regain Ownership of Clippers: Comments, Reaction

Scott PolacekNov 16, 2015

Former Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling lost his team in 2014. He took another loss Monday.

According to ABC7 in Los Angeles, Sterling lost his appeal to regain ownership of the Clippers, who were sold for $2 billion.

Brian Melley of the Associated Press, via NBA.com, noted, "The 2nd District Court of Appeal ruled Monday that Sterling failed to show any legal error by a Los Angeles Superior Court judge who approved the sale last year.”

TOP NEWS

With Jayson Tatum sidelined, Celtics' fourth-quarter comeback falls short in Game 7 loss to 76ers
DENVER NUGGETS VS GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS, NBA

Nathan Fenno of the Los Angeles Times reported in October that Sterling wanted the court to "reverse last year's decision by Judge Michael Levanas that Shelly Sterling acted properly in removing her husband as a member of the family trust that controlled the franchise and agreeing to sell it to former Microsoft Chief Executive Steve Ballmer."

Fenno added that Levanas "issued an unusual order under section 1310(b) of the probate code that allowed the $2 billion sale of the Clippers to proceed regardless of any appeal by Donald Sterling.

"In a submission to the appellate court, Sterling's attorneys argued that the order was a 'reversible error' that led to a 'miscarriage of justice.'"

Ken Berger of CBSSports.com in August 2014 detailed the lengthy process of the $2 billion sale, which was the highest for an NBA franchise in history. Commissioner Adam Silver "banned Sterling from the NBA for life and fined him $2.5 million ... after audio recordings of the owner's insensitive comments about blacks and other minorities were aired by the celebrity gossip outlet TMZ," Berger wrote.

Although Sterling challenged Silver and the league, the Board of Governors unanimously ratified the sale, 29-0.

Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals 🔥

TOP NEWS

With Jayson Tatum sidelined, Celtics' fourth-quarter comeback falls short in Game 7 loss to 76ers
DENVER NUGGETS VS GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS, NBA
Houston Rockets v Los Angeles Lakers - Game Five
Milwaukee Bucks v Boston Celtics

TRENDING ON B/R