
Asuka Addresses WWE Retirement Rumors, New Reports on Trick Williams, Baron Corbin, Enzo & Big Cass
Bleacher Report catches you up on the latest news from the WWE Universe.
Asuka Responds to Rumors of Semi-Retirement
TOP NEWS

Fresh Backstage WWE Rumors 👊

Modern-Day Dream Matches 💭

Most Likely Backlash Heel/Face Turns 🎭
The status of Asuka's pro wrestling career has been the subject of numerous rumors since her loss to Iyo Sky at Backlash this month, and The Empress of Tomorrow finally sounded off about them on Thursday.
Speaking on her KanaChanTV YouTube channel (h/t WrestlePurists), Asuka confirmed that she stepped away to address a personal matter:
"The truth is, it was a personal matter—I reached out to WWE and we talked it through," Asuka said." But let's be clear as you all know from watching my matches, I can still go. I am still at the top of my game! I've been with WWE for over 10 years now, almost like it was just a given. And because it became such a part of your daily routine, I think my presence there just became something everyone took for granted. But remember… nothing lasts forever. Everything is finite. You see, I'm not just a wrestler by trade; I'm a designer, too. Even the way I live my life has to be art."
Asuka's comments came on the heels of Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (h/t Felix Upton of Ringside News) reporting that Asuka had to go to Japan to "take care of family related business."
Meltzer added that those he spoke to in WWE described Asuka as "semi-retiring."
While Asuka did not confirm nor deny her semi-retired status, she acknowledged that she is still under contract with WWE and could show up at any time, while also noting that her appearances could be limited moving forward.
"I'm sure you're all wondering what's next for me, and how I'll be involved with TV and the tours moving forward," Asuka said. "But don't forget—I am still officially with WWE. So there's a chance I might just pop up in front of you when you least expect it!
"Let's be honest, no one will ever make the kind of historic impact I made from day one. I don't think anyone will ever climb to the top non-stop, grabbing every title and accolade along the way—the way I did. And because I'm a true pioneer, there will never be another Asuka! So from here on out, if you ever catch a glimpse of me, you better cherish it. Because it's going to be rare."
Asuka, 44, has been with WWE since 2015, and she has established herself as one of the most decorated women's wrestlers in the history of the company.
A three-time WWE women's champion, one-time SmackDown women's champion, one-time NXT women's champion, five-time WWE women's tag team champion, one-time Royal Rumble winner and one-time Money in the Bank ladder match winner, Asuka is a surefire WWE Hall of Famer once her career comes to an end.
It remains unclear when that will be, but Asuka's comments suggest she may not be completely done with wrestling and that she could be seen again in WWE at some point.
WWE Reportedly Pleased with Trick, Lil Yachty Pairing
United States champion Trick Williams and rapper Lil Yachty have been an entertaining duo on SmackDown in recent weeks, and WWE officials are reportedly satisfied with their performances.
According to WrestleVotes on Fightful Select (h/t Steve Carrier of Ringside News), WWE has been happy with Williams' appearances, and the company was especially impressed with the huge reactions he received in his hometown of Columbia, South Carolina, last week.
Despite his overall popularity, WWE was reportedly even surprised by how much support Williams received.
Additionally, WWE officials have reportedly praised Lil Yachty for his work as a comedic sidekick and manager of Trick during his rivalry with Sami Zayn.
With Yachty in his corner, Trick Willy beat Zayn for the United States Championship at WrestleMania 42, and he followed that up by beating Zayn in the rematch at Backlash.
Williams beat The Miz last week after Miz and Kit Wilson interrupted his championship celebration in South Carolina, and now Trick awaits the next rivalry and storyline in his reign as U.S. champ.
Rumors on Potential WWE Returns of Corbin, Enzo, Cass
WWE is reportedly interested in signing several names from the past with Baron Corbin and the team of Enzo Amore and Big Cass emerging as potential targets.
According to WrestleVotes on Fightful Select (h/t Carrier), Corbin is a "locker room" favorite, and those spoken to within WWE would like to see him back in the company.
Multiple WWE sources reportedly also indicated to WrestleVotes that they do expect Corbin to re-sign with WWE now that his commitments to MLW are done.
WrestleVotes (Carrier) also reported that WWE has interest in reuniting Enzo and Cass as a tag team following their previous run together in the company from 2013 to 2017.
Both Enzo and Cass reportedly still have strong relationships with some WWE producers, which could aid in their potential return to the company.
False Finish reported that Amore has been in attendance at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida, recently, which perhaps foreshadows his impending return to the company.
Meanwhile, Fightful's Sean Ross Sapp reported that Cass' contract with AEW is set to expire "soon," which could open the door for WWE to sign both him and Enzo.
Corbin, 41, was with WWE from 2012 until his release in 2024. He was a one-time United States champion, Money in the Bank ladder match winner and King of the Ring.
Since departing WWE, Corbin has worked under the name Bishop Dyer elsewhere with MLW being his primary home.
Despite being one of the most popular tag teams in WWE, Enzo and Cass were broken up in 2017. Both Superstars were later released from the company in 2018.
They have each made appearances for multiple companies since then, and Cass had stints with TNA as W. Morrissey and AEW as Big Bill.
Cass has been with AEW since 2022, but he has not appeared on ROH in more than a month or on an AEW main show since February, which could support the notion that his deal is nearly up.



.jpg)






