
Pep Guardiola: Latest Rumours, News, Speculation Around Bayern Munich Manager
Bayern Munich manager Pep Guardiola has insisted nothing has been decided regarding his future, despite reports of a deal with Manchester City to take over Manuel Pellegrini's duties at the start of the 2016-17 season.
Bayern executive chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge suggested such rumours aren't true, a stance supported by Pellegrini's recent inking of a new deal at the Etihad Stadium.
Continue for updates.
Pellegrini Slows Pep Rumours by Signing New City Extension
Friday, Aug. 7
"The agreement, which was reached following discussions this summer, sees the contract run for two years through to June 2017," City announced.
However, Bleacher Report's Graham Ruthven believes Pellegrini's new contract is a tactical decision by the English club: "Smart move from City to extend Pellegrini's contract. Stops (although probably not) a season of speculation over when Pep will take charge."
He added: "Plus, it's only a year extension. Not a huge amount to add to Pellegrini's pay-off."
Pep: Bayern Future Undecided
Friday, July 31
Guardiola previously confessed he is unclear on how many more seasons he will spend at the Allianz Arena:
"I am coach of Bayern and I am grateful to be here. I haven’t decided my future yet. As soon as I come to a decision, I will inform Kalle Rummenige, Matthias Sammer and Uli Hoeness," he said, per Goal.com, adding:
"We still have a lot of time. But if I will extend my contract, I must be absolutely sure that it is the best for the club. I don’t want to become a problem for FC Bayern.
"
I did my very best, am doing my very best, will do my very best. I haven’t received any offer from another club.
Guardiola's rather cryptic comments came two days after Rummenigge claimed there had been no indication the former Barcelona boss wanted to leave, per Sport Bild (h/t Peter McVitie of Goal.com).
Effenberg Convinced of 2016 Exit for Pep Amid City Rumours
Friday, July 31
"I am pretty certain Guardiola will no longer be in charge of Bayern after 2016," said former Bayern star Stefan Effenberg, per Sky (h/t Joshua Hayward of eurosport.co.uk).
He added: "Who could replace him? I am thinking about Jurgen Klopp. He is definitely an alternative for Guardiola in Munich."
BeIN Sports (h/t Will Giles of the Metro) claimed on July 26 Guardiola had already signed a deal with City to become their manager for the 2016-17 campaign.
Guardiola has been in charge of Bayern since 2013 after a wildly successful spell with Barcelona in which he won three La Liga titles and two UEFA Champions Leagues as manager.
He led Bayern to back-to-back Bundesliga titles, but rumours of tensions between the club and the manager have been rampant for months. The Spaniard isn't as popular in Germany as his success might suggest, as noted by Bleacher Report's Clark Whitney:
Pellegrini has so far failed to find European success at City, whereas Guardiola has a sterling reputation in the Champions League. City's suggested interest in the Spaniard is logical, and if Guardiola believes his time in Bavaria is up, the Etihad Stadium would be an attractive destination.
The Citizens aren't exactly strapped for cash, and the Premier League's new TV deal means clubs like City will continue to be major players in the transfer market.
Guardiola would bring in exactly the kind of players he desires in the quest to deliver the Sky Blues their first Champions League trophy.










.png)

.jpg)

