Boxing superstar Floyd Mayweather Jr. has reportedly received a contract offer to face off with YouTube sensation Logan Paul in an exhibition match.
TMZ Sports reported Thursday the proposal calls for a bout sometime in the final months of 2020, but for now Mayweather is leaning toward not accepting the offer.
"You know I can't say s--t right now," Paul told TMZ.
Mayweather's last official fight felt like an exhibition, as he completely overwhelmed UFC standout Conor McGregor en route to a 10th-round TKO in August 2017. He did an exhibition against Japanese kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa on New Year's Eve 2018.
Although the 43-year-old Michigan native is currently in the midst of his third retirement, he's shown a willingness to make a return to the ring if the price is right.
Taking on 25-year-old Paul (6'2", 200 lbs), who boasts 22.4 million YouTube subscribers, should generate enough hype to create a sizable payday for both, but so far no deal is in place.
Mayweather (5'8", 150 lbs), whose last fight against a professional boxer came against Andre Berto in September 2015, owns a 50-0 career record and is a former five-division world champion.
Paul's team issued a press release in early September that said they're planning a "major event" this winter that will "capture the interest of both hardcore and casual fans of the sweet science," per Scott Christ of Bad Left Hook.
"I'm excited to hop back in the ring but win this time around," Paul said.
He had a split-decision loss to English YouTuber KSI in his first sanctioned fight last November.
Paul's brother, Jake Paul, is on the undercard of November's clash between legends Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. He'll take on former NBA guard Nate Robinson.
Any fight between Mayweather and the elder Paul brother would likely headline its own event.