
Deontay Wilder: Anthony Joshua Has to Be 'A Man of His Word' After $50M Offer
WBC heavyweight boxing champion Deontay Wilder said he's formally presented representatives of Anthony Joshua an offer with a $50 million guarantee to fight.
On Thursday, TMZ Sports provided comments from Wilder, who said the hyped encounter would take place in the United States if the British star accepts the proposal.
"I just sent them what they wanted," he said. "They said they wanted 50 mil, so I gave it to 'em. So soon we'll see the fight. He's gotta be a man of his word."
Meanwhile, Joshua promoter Eddie Hearn told BBC Sport their camp is "definitely interested" in the fight, but the public offer from Wilder "feels like a PR move."
"It's not a case of we sign the contract and they go and raise the money," Hearn said. "If you've got it—show us it and then we can talk."
He added they would prefer the fight take place in the UK but would consider Las Vegas if the price is right: "There's a real strong chance this fight could happen—we're not looking to be difficult."
Joshua is the WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO heavyweight champion. A clash with Wilder would be a massive unification bout.
Wilder (40-0, 39 KO) is coming off a 10th-round knockout of Luis Ortiz at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, last month. His last nine fights have all taken place in the U.S.
Joshua (21-0, 20 KO) defeated Joseph Parker by unanimous decision at Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales, last month. He's never contested a professional bout outside the UK.
Neither side placed a firm timetable on finalizing a deal for the mega fight.


.jpg)






