The 2017-18 NBA regular season will end on Wednesday, and nearly every game on the slate will have postseason seeding implications in some form or another.
Below, we'll break down the key games to come and the scenarios that could result in some serious moving and shaking in the standings.
Wednesday's Games with Playoff Implications
- New York Knicks at Cleveland Cavaliers, 8 p.m. ET
- Toronto Raptors at Miami Heat, 8 p.m. ET
- Washington Wizards at Orlando Magic, 8 p.m. ET
- Milwaukee Bucks at Philadelphia 76ers, 8 p.m. ET
- Denver Nuggets at Minnesota Timberwolves, 8 p.m. ET
- San Antonio Spurs at New Orleans Pelicans, 8 p.m. ET
- Memphis Grizzlies at Oklahoma City Thunder, 8 p.m. ET
- Utah Jazz at Portland Trail Blazers, 10:30 p.m. ET
1. Toronto Raptors (59-22)
2. Boston Celtics (54-27)
3. Philadelphia 76ers (51-30)
4. Cleveland Cavaliers (50-31)
5. Indiana Pacers (48-34)
6. Milwaukee Bucks (44-37)
7. Miami Heat (43-38)
8. Washington Wizards (43-38)
What's Settled: The Toronto Raptors are locked into the No. 1 seed, the Boston Celtics are locked into the No. 2 seed and the Indiana Pacers are locked into the No. 5 seed.
Battle for No. 3: If the Philadelphia 76ers beat the Milwaukee Bucks and extend their winning streak to 16 games, they will be the No. 3 seed. If they lose and the Cleveland Cavaliers beat the New York Knicks, Cleveland will be the No. 3 seed and Philadelphia will drop to No. 4 for a first-round matchup with the Pacers.
Milwaukee's Scenarios: The Bucks can wrap up the No. 6 seed with a win over the Sixers. If they lose, they'll need the Miami Heat to lose to the Toronto Raptors and the Washington Wizards to lose to the Orlando Magic to hold on to the No. 6.
The Bucks can land in the No. 7 seed through two scenarios: a loss plus a Heat loss and a Wizards win or a Heat win and a Wizards loss.
Miami's Scenarios: The Heat have a wide range of scenarios. The most important to keep in mind is that a Miami win plus a Milwaukee loss will propel the Heat to the No. 6 seed.
Miami can also drop back to No. 8 with a loss and a Wizards win.
Washington's Scenarios: A loss will keep the Wizards in the No. 8 seed. However, they could move as high as the No. 6 seed with a win and losses by both the Heat and Bucks following Tuesday's 113-101 win over the Celtics.
A Wizards win plus a loss by one of the Heat or Bucks will land Washington in the No. 7 seed.
1. Houston Rockets (65-16)
2. Golden State Warriors (58-24)
3. Utah Jazz (48-33)
4. Portland Trail Blazers (48-33)
5. New Orleans Pelicans (47-34)
6. San Antonio Spurs (47-34)
7. Oklahoma City Thunder (47-34)
8. Minnesota Timberwolves (46-35)
9. Denver Nuggets (46-35)
What's Settled: The Houston Rockets are the No. 1 seed and the Golden State Warriors are the No. 2 seed.
One Spot Left: The Denver Nuggets and Minnesota Timberwolves will battle for the Western Conference's eighth and final playoff spot in a win-or-go-home duel at Target Center.
Seeding Scenarios: The permutations at play are plentiful and remain far too complex to hash out with so many variables.
Below, you'll find the NBA's official seeding chart, courtesy of Uproxx's Oliver Maroney. Keep in mind the Utah Jazz beat the Golden State Warriors, 119-79, on Tuesday and will wrap up the No. 3 seed with a win over the Portland Trail Blazers:
Only a few more hours until it's all hashed out.