
Manchester United Transfer News: David De Gea Latest, Marco Verratti Rumours
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has stated goalkeeper David De Gea will "100 per cent" remain at Old Trafford this summer.
Speaking ahead of Sunday's showdown with Real Madrid, who have been consistently linked with the stopper over the past few years, the coach was asked just how secure De Gea's future was. Per Jamie Jackson of the Guardian, Mourinho offered an emphatic answer.
"I can guarantee that he's not going this season, that I can, and my feeling is it will be very difficult for him to go," the 54-year-old said. "Because he's a very honest boy, very straight."
Mourinho added he doesn’t believe "the feeling from him [toward Real] is very good." He then said "I see him very happy and focused and working better than ever, so for me 100 per cent he stays with us."

As Simon Stone of BBC Sport noted, the United manager hinted the club was open to doing a deal for De Gea at one point but that Los Blancos may have missed their chance:
The news is a major boost for United supporters. Per the initial source, the Spaniard came close to joining the Santiago Bernabeu side in 2015, although a deal could not be finalised before the transfer deadline.
That's been to United's benefit, as they've been able to call upon one of the best goalkeepers on the planet for a little longer; it appears Mourinho will have him in the side for the start of the 2017-18 season too. Nevertheless, when it comes to De Gea and Real Madrid, you sense rumours will always rear their head.
Marco Verratti Blow

According to Neil Moxley of the Sunday People, Manchester United are ready to quickly give up on their pursuit of Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Marco Verratti, as the French side would demand Anthony Martial be included as part of any deal.
"United negotiator Ed Woodward stepped up his pursuit of Italy ace Verratti, 24, after Barcelona cooled their interest last week," Moxley stated. "But PSG laid down the law to United and said they will only do business if £56 million former Monaco striker Martial is part of the deal."
Although Martial struggled for his best form last season, Moxley reported the Red Devils will not allow him to leave in this transfer window.

It's also noted Verratti recently appointed Mino Raiola—the man who helped broker moves to United for Paul Pogba, Romelu Lukaku, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Zlatan Ibrahimovic—as his agent.
As Miguel Delaney of The Independent reported, Barcelona have been linked with Verratti, but the appointment of his new representative may prove to be a major stumbling block:
After a stunning debut season, Martial toiled last term under Mourinho, unable to capture the spark that made him such a threat in 2015-16. Even so, it's easy to see why the Red Devils want to keep hold of the 21-year-old, as he's a special talent.
As is Verratti. With that in mind, PSG would be reluctant to let their prized playmaker go anywhere in the transfer window unless they were to receive an eye-watering sum of money in return.




.jpg)


.png)





.jpg)