
Dante Fowler Was Arrested Last March on Assault, Resisting Arrest Charges
Jacksonville Jaguars defensive lineman Dante Fowler Jr. was arrested in March 2016 on misdemeanor charges of assault on officer/EMT and resisting arrest, which could impact the status of his charges after being arrested again Tuesday night.
Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times reported details of last year's arrest and noted the charges were later dropped, likely after a pretrial diversion program. He noted while that case is now closed, he may not be offered another pretrial program.
Fowler was taken into custody Tuesday for misdemeanor charges of simple battery and mischief, per Auman.
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
NFL star fakes injury at Savannah Bananas game
.jpg)
Schotty Sells Home For $3.8M 🏡
.jpg)
NFL Stars Who Could Reset Market 💰
A police report filed about the latest incident showed the NFL player allegedly "hit the man, knocked his glasses off and stepped on them" after a verbal exchange about Fowler's driving. While the alleged victim didn't suffer any significant injuries, he said Fowler threw his grocery bag in a lake.
The Jaguars released a statement about the incident Wednesday, according to ESPN.com.
"The Jaguars are aware of the situation involving defensive end Dante Fowler Jr. and are currently gathering more information," the team said. "The team has been in communication with Dante. No further comment will be made at this time."
Fowler was the third overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft. He missed his entire rookie year due to a torn ACL.
The 22-year-old defensive end returned to the Jaguars for the start of the 2016 season. He failed to make much of an impact, however, finishing the campaign with 32 combined tackles and four sacks in 16 games.
He's been expected to compete with Yannick Ngakoue for a starting spot opposite Calais Campbell during training camp and the preseason.
.jpg)
.jpg)



.png)


.jpg)

