
Former MSU Staffer Allegedly Interfered with Sexual Assault Investigation
Former Michigan State director of college advancement and performance Curtis Blackwell interfered with an investigation into sexual assault allegations made against Spartans football players, according to university police.
Matt Mencarini of the Lansing State Journal reported police took Blackwell out of the Michigan State football building in handcuffs in February. No charges have been filed at this time.
According to police, Blackwell failed to report details of the Jan. 16 alleged sexual assault to them or university officials after discussing the matter with two players in the days after. He did not inform police of the talks with players until he was interviewed Feb. 8.
"I wasn't doing an investigation or anything," Blackwell told police. "I was just trying to find out exactly what happened."
Michigan State suspended three football players and Blackwell on Feb. 9. Head coach Mark Dantonio said the school would not renew Blackwell's contract in May.
Sexual assault charges were filed against Josh King, Donnie Corley and Demetric Vance last week. King, 19, was charged with first-degree criminal sexual conduct, third-degree criminal sexual conduct and capturing an image of an unclothed person.
Corley and Vance face charges of third-degree criminal sexual assault. All three players have been dismissed from the program.
.jpg)





.jpg)







