NFLNBANHLMLBWNBARoland-GarrosSoccer
Featured Video
Steelers got a LOT better this offseason
Denver Broncos head coach Vance Joseph looks on during the team's NFL football minicamp session Monday, June 5, 2017, in Englewood, Colo. (AP Photo/David Zalubowski)
Denver Broncos head coach Vance Joseph looks on during the team's NFL football minicamp session Monday, June 5, 2017, in Englewood, Colo. (AP Photo/David Zalubowski)David Zalubowski/Associated Press

Vance Joseph Likens Broncos Players to Kids When Talking Social Media Education

Tyler ConwayJun 12, 2017

Denver Broncos head coach Vance Joseph compared his players to kids when discussing the team's social media education Sunday.

"We spend a lot of time with our players as far as education about social media," Joseph said, per Jeff Legwold of ESPN.com. "They're like your kids. You have to constantly remind them about the dangers of the innocent behavior. Again, [safety Will Parks'] intent wasn't to hurt us or to hurt his teammate; it was to show he was working hard. I buy that."

The first-year coach had to address the Broncos' use of social media after Parks Snapchatted incompletions by quarterback Paxton Lynch in practice. (You can see the throws here.)

TOP NEWS

Colts Jaguars Football
Rams Seahawks Football
Mississippi Football

Parks said he meant no ill will toward Lynch, the Broncos' 2016 first-round pick who will go into 2017 attempting to win the starting job.

"I was just showing my progress. That had nothing to do with Paxton or anybody on the field. That was just me showing my progress and showing how hard we work back there at practice," Parks said, per Arnie Stapleton of the AP (h/t Washington Post). "So, it was a mistake."

Joseph also categorized the move as a mistake and said the matter was addressed internally.

"Social media is different than what I grew up around," Joseph said. "It's their everyday lives. Sometimes, they fall into the trap of it being a normal deal, but this is work. This is a workplace. We can't share what we're doing here to the outside world, so to speak."

Parks, 22, is heading into his second NFL season. He was a sixth-round pick of the Broncos out of Arizona last year and is slotted in as the backup strong safety behind T.J. Ward.

Parks said last week that he and Lynch did not see the situation as being as much of a big deal as others on the outside.

Steelers got a LOT better this offseason

TOP NEWS

Colts Jaguars Football
Rams Seahawks Football
Mississippi Football
Packers Bears Football

TRENDING ON B/R