
PSG Transfer News: Contact Made for Kylian Mbappe, Latest Blaise Matuidi Rumours
Paris Saint-Germain have reportedly made contact with the representatives of 18-year-old AS Monaco striker Kylian Mbappe to discuss a potential transfer this summer.
A report from French publication L'Equipe (h/t George Boulton of The Sun) says PSG have tried to beat Premier League rivals Arsenal and Manchester United in the race to sign Mbappe: "Sporting director Antero Henrique has made contact with the teenager's representatives."
The report also stated how despite playing in the same league and losing the Ligue 1 title to Monaco, PSG are still confident a deal can be done: "It is believed the good relationship between title rivals Monaco and PSG could make talks swift and negotiations may begin in a matter of days."
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩

Mbappe is highly sought after, with Arsenal offering €100 million earlier this month, according to L'Equipe (h/t football writer Robin Bairner). It was an offer Monaco quickly rebuffed, per James Olley of the London Evening Standard.
Meanwhile, Real Madrid have been tipped to offer as much as €135 million for the teenage striker, per Radio Montecarlo (h/t Spanish source AS, via Oliver Todd of MailOnline). Another report from AS (h/t Alex Porter of the Manchester Evening News) says United have bid £113 million for the precocious attacker.
There is no doubt Mbappe could have his pick of clubs this summer. It's hardly surprising since the youthful goal-getter rose to prominence at Monaco this season, scoring 26 times and providing eight assists, per WhoScored.com.
More than the numbers, Mbappe has turned heads with his combination of pace and power, a blend rarely seen in a player so young. He can stretch any defence and boasts a composure in front of goal that belies his tender years.
It's easy to see why Monaco would want to keep Mbappe despite the lengthy queue of suitors showing interest. Yet, it is tough to imagine the Ligue 1 champions being prepared to let their brightest young player join their fiercest rivals in the French top flight.
Midfielder Avoids Exit Talk
Blaise Matuidi has recently avoided talking about a possible exit from PSG this summer. The dynamic midfield workhorse has instead said he is focused on his role with the France national team.
Matuidi made his feelings clear, per Goal's Ben Spratt: "My head today is [thinking about] France, I'm focused on Tuesday. As for PSG [and talk of leaving], I have nothing else to say about it."
Spratt also noted how the 30-year-old has been linked with Manchester United if he leaves the Parc des Princes in the next few months.
Frankly, letting Matuidi go is something PSG should avoid. He is still an all-action, box-to-box runner who is essential to the way his team plays.
His late runs forward often give PSG the edge in the final third, while his willingness to track back can be a big help defensively.
Even so, Matuidi appeared to fuel transfer talk when he spoke after PSG's win in the Coupe de France final, per Metro's Tom Olver: "Maybe it was my last match. I don't know. It is difficult. PSG have made me an offer. They are open to everything concerning me. There is not a most likely option at this moment."

Keeping Matuidi should be a priority for PSG boss Unai Emery, who must value what the midfielder's energy means for the pressing game he likes his teams to play.
Emery and Henrique may want to make a splash signing by trying to snag the best young star from their chief rivals. However, the club would also be wise to make sure it keeps the key members of a strong core in place.



.jpg)







