NFLNBAMLBNHLWNBASoccerGolf
Featured Video
Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢
Dortmund's head coach Thomas Tuchel reacts from the sidelines during the UEFA Champions League 1st leg quarter-final football match BVB Borussia Dortmund v Monaco in Dortmund, western Germany on April 12, 2017.
The match had been postponed after three explosions hit German football team Borussia Dortmund's bus late on April 11, 2017 ahead of a Champions League home game. / AFP PHOTO / PATRIK STOLLARZ        (Photo credit should read PATRIK STOLLARZ/AFP/Getty Images)
Dortmund's head coach Thomas Tuchel reacts from the sidelines during the UEFA Champions League 1st leg quarter-final football match BVB Borussia Dortmund v Monaco in Dortmund, western Germany on April 12, 2017. The match had been postponed after three explosions hit German football team Borussia Dortmund's bus late on April 11, 2017 ahead of a Champions League home game. / AFP PHOTO / PATRIK STOLLARZ (Photo credit should read PATRIK STOLLARZ/AFP/Getty Images)PATRIK STOLLARZ/Getty Images

Thomas Tuchel Says Borussia Dortmund 'Felt Quite Helpless' Before Monaco Replay

Tom SunderlandApr 12, 2017

Borussia Dortmund manager Thomas Tuchel has said the German outfit "wished for more time" to prepare for their UEFA Champions League quarter-final first leg against AS Monaco after an explosion near the team's bus on Tuesday delayed the fixture.

The Black and Yellows lost 3-2 to Monaco, and Tuchel revealed his club "were informed by text that the decision had been made in Switzerland" to re-stage the match a day later, per Bleacher Report's Lars Pollman, who provided further quotes:

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports

Tuchel added his team "felt quite helpless" after being informed they would be back in action on Wednesday despite any trauma the players might have suffered as a result of the explosion, per BBC News:

Kylian Mbappe netted twice for Monaco along with a Sven Bender own goal, meaning Ousmane Dembele and Shinji Kagawa's second-half strikes were not enough to rescue a win for Dortmund in their home quarter-final leg.

BT Sport commentator Derek Rae provided more post-match comments from Tuchel, who elaborated upon his bitter feeling toward UEFA in regards to the way they handled the rescheduling of Tuesday's fixture:

However, the Guardian's David Conn provided an update on the matter from UEFA on Thursday morning, with European football's governing body said to have agreed the rescheduling with both clubs beforehand:

That report suggests Tuchel may have been left out of the loop by his own club when it came to when the match would be replayed.

Monaco's three away goals mean Dortmund will have a big task ahead of them when they travel to the Stade Louis II next Wednesday, where they will hope to restrain a Monaco side that currently leads Ligue 1 by three points.

The bigger topic, however, is the fact UEFA didn't communicate with Dortmund before informing them they would be back in action so soon after Tuesday's explosions, a decision that may have wrecked the German outfit's Champions League chances.

For more news, rumors and related stories about Borussia Dortmund and the UEFA Champions League, check out the Champions League and Borussia Dortmund streams on Bleacher Report's app.

Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports
United States v Japan - International Friendly
FIFA World Cup 2026 Venues - New York New Jersey Stadium

TRENDING ON B/R