NFLNBAMLBNHLWNBASoccerGolf
Featured Video
EPIC NFL Thanksgiving Slate 🙌
ORCHARD PARK, NY - NOVEMBER 30:  Josh Gordon #12 of the Cleveland Browns carries the ball against the Buffalo Bills on November 30, 2014 at Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park, New York.  Buffalo defeats Cleveland 26-10. (Photo by Brett Carlsen/Getty Images)
ORCHARD PARK, NY - NOVEMBER 30: Josh Gordon #12 of the Cleveland Browns carries the ball against the Buffalo Bills on November 30, 2014 at Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park, New York. Buffalo defeats Cleveland 26-10. (Photo by Brett Carlsen/Getty Images)Brett Carlsen/Getty Images

Josh Gordon Isn't a WR the Browns Can 'Turn Down,' Says Sashi Brown

Tim DanielsMar 29, 2017

Cleveland Browns general manager Sashi Brown doesn't believe the organization is in a position to walk away from wide receiver Josh Gordon if he's made the necessary changes in his personal life.

Tony Grossi‏ of ESPN Cleveland relayed comments Brown made about the previously dynamic playmaker, who missed the last two seasons due to off-field issues.

"We're not in position at wide receiver to turn down a guy like Josh if we feel he's settled himself," the Browns GM said.

TOP NEWS

Colts Jaguars Football
Rams Seahawks Football
Mississippi Football

Gordon received a one-year suspension from the NFL in February 2015 for violating the league's Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.

The 2013 Pro Bowl selection was reinstated by the NFL last July but announced his intention to enter a rehabilitation facility in September. Pat McManamon of ESPN passed along a statement the wideout released after making the decision:

"

After careful thought and deep consideration I've decided that I need to step away from pursuing my return to the Browns and my football career to enter an in-patient rehabilitation facility. This is the right decision for me and one that I hope will enable me to gain full control of my life and continue on a path to reach my full potential as a person. I appreciate the support of the NFL, NFLPA, the Browns, my teammates, my agent and the community through this extremely challenging process.

"

Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com noted the decision led the league to place him back on indefinite suspension, giving commissioner Roger Goodell the power to decide his fate for 2017 and beyond.

Dan Graziano‏ of ESPN reported a new ruling on Gordon is expected from the league in late April or early May after the receiver applied for reinstatement again.

Brown's comments contradict reports suggesting Cleveland was prepared to move on, even if he's cleared to play. Last week, Cabot stated Gordon is "still not in the Browns' plans for 2017" and the front office was planning to trade or release him.

Gordon caught 161 passes for 2,754 yards and 14 touchdowns across 35 games with the team before the off-field problems derailed his promising career.

If reinstated and kept on the roster, he'd immediately become the Browns' most talented player at the position. The depth chart is currently led by Corey Coleman, Kenny Britt and Rashard Higgins. 

EPIC NFL Thanksgiving Slate 🙌

TOP NEWS

Colts Jaguars Football
Rams Seahawks Football
Mississippi Football
Packers Bears Football

TRENDING ON B/R