Albert Breer of The MMQB reported Wednesday the NFL is planning to charge the Raiders between $325 million to $375 million for their relocation fee. The two L.A.-based organizations were charged $650 million each to move from St. Louis and San Diego.
There were concerns the plan could fall through after Las Vegas Sands Corporation chairman Sheldon Adelson backed out of the process in February due to concerns about the lease agreement.
Paul Gutierrez of ESPN reported in early March the Raiders had obtained the remaining funding for their $1.9 billion stadium project through Bank of America. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said at the time the league was still reviewing the situation:
We haven't made a determination about Las Vegas as an NFL market. That's part of the relocation process. The Raiders submitted an application; it's one that we're considering carefully. But there's a great deal more work to be done, and there are several elements of that—financing the stadium is just one.
Obviously, the stadium project itself, the depth of the market, all of those are things that we've studied over the last several months. But that will increase in intensity over the next month or so as we move forward in that process.
Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reported an official vote is scheduled for Monday. A source told him the Raiders are likely to receive approval from the 24 owners they need to move.
"This is going to happen," the source said. "Enough people will hold their noses and pray for the best and vote this through. Oakland—and by Oakland I mean the government officials there—hasn't stepped up nearly enough, and the league is ready to put this to a vote. And while there is some trepidation about this market, it is going to pass."
If the measure passes at the owners' meetings next week, the Raiders would be free to make Vegas their new home. Team owner Mark Davis previously stated he planned to remain at Oakland Coliseum through at least 2018 while stadium construction is underway.