
Barcelona Receive Legal Threat from Gremio over 11-Year-Old Manu Visit
Brazilian club Gremio have said they will file a legal complaint with FIFA against Barcelona over the Spanish outfit's dealings with talented youngster Manu.
According to Brazilian daily Correio do Povo (h/t Marca), 11-year-old Manu was given permission by Gremio to visit Barca's famed La Masia academy but hasn't returned to Brazil before the date previously agreed.
Gremio legal director Nestor Hein hinted Barca will now likely sign the youngster and threatened to open legal proceedings against the Catalan club, per GloboEsporte (via Marca): "Barcelona have done this other times. Most likely, they'll send him to a football school for two years and then they'll sign him. On Thursday or Friday we'll send our legal complaint to FIFA."
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
Barcelona received a two-window transfer ban from FIFA back in 2014 for breaching rules on the transfer of players under the age of 18.
Per BBC Sport, in their ruling at the time denying Barcelona's appeal against the ban, the Court of Arbitration for Sport said: "The panel found in particular that FC Barcelona had breached the rules regarding the protection of minors and the registration of minors attending football academies."
Per Correio do Povo (via Marca), such is Rosario-bron Manu's talent that he was granted "special privileges [at Gremio] his other team-mates weren't," and his father was employed by the club, a job "he has since rescinded."



.jpg)







