
Manchester United Transfer News: Latest on Memphis Depay, Nelson Semedo Rumours
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has revealed that Memphis Depay made it clear he wants to leave the club several months ago.
The Dutchman made the switch to Old Trafford in the summer of 2015 with a reputation as one of the most exciting young players in European football. However, his first season was a struggle, and his stock has regressed even further since Mourinho arrived at the club.
The manager outlined the reasons why he’s not used the 22-year-old as of late, per Mark Ogden of ESPN FC:
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
"In the past couple of months, my decisions in relation to Memphis were influenced by the feelings and information that he would like to leave in January and that we were going to have a real offer that we would be willing to accept.
That obviously influences me.
We had this conversation with a few players and we left things very, very clear. If I know, if I have the feeling that a player is leaving, I have to give chances to and develop other players.
"

According to Ogden, both Roma and Everton are set to make offers for Memphis when the January transfer window opens. Mourinho suggested that while he hasn’t been involved, the forward is "super polite, super professional and works really hard."
With Mourinho's confirmation to the press on Friday that goalkeeper Sam Johnstone is the only player who will move on loan midseason, a permanent departure from Old Trafford looks on the cards for Memphis.
That may not be a bad thing for the player, though. Per OptaJoe, he’s hardly featured in the top flight so far this season:
There’s undoubtedly talent to harness in Memphis, and during his time at PSV Eindhoven, he looked to be a star in the making.
Perhaps a move to a less high-profile club than United, where there may be a little less scrutiny on him, could be a catalyst for some improved form, while a different manager could get a tune out of the winger. But the responsibility rests with the Dutchman to get his career back on track.
Nelson Semedo Commits to Benfica

Benfica right-back Nelson Semedo has said he’s keen to stay at the club for a long time amid speculation linking him with a move to Manchester United.
"You can rest easy," he told journalists when asked about the transfer talk, per Alex Porter of the Manchester Evening News. "I'm completely focused on Benfica, and I'm hoping to continue here for many years to come."
Semedo has been in tremendous form for Benfica this season. Per Porter, he’s drawn comparisons with Juventus full-back Dani Alves; here’s a look at why:
The most striking part of Semedo’s game is his willingness to get forward. The 23-year-old is so direct and quick in possession, meaning he’s difficult to contain on the overlap. While his final ball can be a little hit-and-miss, the Portugal international is relentless in his intent to make something happen in the final third.
Additionally, per journalist Tom Kundert, Semedo has clearly been working hard on other areas of his game:
United could arguably do with another right-back, with Antonio Valencia the team's first choice in the position.
Stylistically, Semedo would bring plenty of similar traits to the role and offers a lot more longevity at 23. However, he seems keen to continue his development in Lisbon, and based on the progression he's made this season, it’s difficult to argue with that assessment.



.jpg)







