UFC Fight Night 98 emanated from Mexico City on Saturday night, and it was headlined by a stellar lightweight main event.
Tony Ferguson and Rafael Dos Anjos battled for the full 25 minutes in a back-and-forth battle. Dos Anjos came up short in the final frame as Ferguson's output and cardio won the day. It could put him in the cat bird's seat as the No. 1 contender for the UFC lightweight championship.
What else happened? Well, you should read on as Bleacher Report was on the call all evening long. Catch up right here.
UFC Fight Night 98 Quick Results
- Tony Ferguson def. Rafael Dos Anjos by unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, 48-47)
- Diego Sanchez def. Marcin Held by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-27)
- Ricardo Lamas def. Charles Oliveira via submission (guillotine) at 2:13 of the second round
- Martin Bravo def. Claudio Puelles by TKO at 1:55 of the second round
- Beneil Dariush def. Rashid Magomedov by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Alexa Grasso def. Heather Jo Clark by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Erik Perez def. Felipe Arantes by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Joe Soto defeats Marco Beltran via submission (heel hook) at 1:37 of the first round
- Max Griffin def. Erick Montano by TKO at 0:54 of the first round
- Douglas Silva de Andrade def. Henry Briones by TKO at 2:33 of the third round
- Sam Alvey def. Alex Nicholson by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Marco Polo Reyes def. Jason Novelli by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Enrique Barzola def. Chris Avila by unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)