
Scott McGarvey 'Devastated' over Sam Allardyce's England Exit, Corruption Sting
Football agent Scott McGarvey has admitted to being "devastated" over the part he played in Sam Allardyce losing his job as England manager following just a single game in charge.
Allardyce left the top job with the Three Lions in September after being caught up in a Telegraph sting in which he was recorded allegedly offering advice about how to circumvent FA transfer rules.
It was McGarvey, a former Manchester United player, who introduced Allardyce to the undercover reporters, believing them to be representatives of a Far East firm looking to invest in the Premier League.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
In an interview with Sky Sports News HQ's Kaveh Solhekol, McGarvey said he was shocked that the revelations led to Allardyce losing his job:
"I'm devastated for Sam. I can't think of anything worse that could have happened to my life.
He has to feel that I'm responsible because I am the one who brought him to the meeting but he's only come for me. He's never once spoken about money. He's never once said anything about money...
Do I think he holds me responsible? I think he's known me for a long, long time. He knows that I'd never do that to him or to anybody in football.
Yes I do [feel there was an over-reaction]. I was very surprised that he lost his job.
"
In the FA's statement announcing Allardyce's departure from the England job, the 61-year-old's behaviour was labelled as "inappropriate."
Along with offering advice about dodging transfer rules, Allardyce was also recorded—before he even took his first England training session—criticising and lightly mocking predecessor Roy Hodgson and slamming the FA's decision to redevelop Wembley.
While the FA decided Allardyce did not act in a way befitting of the England manager, there were many others who felt he was harshly dealt with, including the Times' Matthew Syed, the Guardian's Ian Prior and football writer Miguel Delaney:
"@MiguelDelaney @matthewsyed FA could have toughed this out with some ease. Chose not to
— Ian Prior (@ianprior) September 27, 2016"
He managed only one match as England boss, a 1-0 win over Slovakia early last month—his interim replacement Gareth Southgate oversaw the recent victory over Malta and draw with Slovenia.
Following Allardyce's departure from the England job, Solhekol relayed comments from the 61-year-old in which he hinted that he would return to football again:
McGarvey backed the former Bolton Wanderers, Newcastle United and Sunderland boss to be bombarded with job offers when he makes the decision to return, per Solhekol: "One hundred per cent... Sam will bounce back because he's been a manager for a long time and you have to be mentally strong to be a manager today. When he says he wants to get back into football, he will be inundated with offers."
Given Allardyce's excellent reputation as a manager who can escape relegation, it would certainly be little surprise if a struggling Premier League team were to request his services as early as the new year.



.jpg)







