
Liverpool Transfer News: Top Rumours, Latest Players Linked with Anfield Move
Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho may see his place in peril after using social media to explain why he's been left out of the club's first-team plans. Meanwhile, the Reds reportedly attempted to sign Presnel Kimpembe in the summer.
Sakho took to Snapchat in the early hours of Saturday morning to confirm he's back to full fitness and ready to feature for the Merseysiders when called upon, per the Liverpool Echo's Andy Kelly (via Bleacher Report UK):
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
The centre-back has failed to appear under manager Jurgen Klopp this season and was the subject of an apparent falling-out with the coach this summer, which led to speculation he could leave the club on loan, per Goal's Melissa Reddy and Loic Tanzi.
Pearce's own tweet, including images of Sakho's Snapchat posts, surmised the 26-year-old was better off steering clear of social media as he attempts to make his way back into the Reds' senior plans:
Klopp signed centre-backs Joel Matip and Ragnar Klavan from Schalke 04 and Augsburg, respectively, over the summer, and the former has slotted in alongside Dejan Lovren to form a fine defensive unit this term.
The Guardian's Sachin Nakrani concurred that Sakho's decision to use an online format to profess his innocence in the matter was not the right one:
Per the Liverpool Echo's Kelly, Klopp said earlier this week that Sakho's fitness remained a doubt before he would be allowed back into the lineup, although the player now appears to suggest to the contrary.
Former Borussia Dortmund chief Klopp likely isn't the type of manager who would take too kindly to club matters being discussed in such open terms, meaning a January transfer date may not be out of the question.
Meanwhile, Kimpembe is said to have been the subject of a summer pursuit from the Reds, and Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo reported the PSG defender has impressed the Reds (h/t the Mirror's Aaron Flanagan).
PSG manager Unai Emery has handed the centre-back six Ligue 1 starts so far this season, however, and Squawka have the 21-year-old rated as one of the best youngsters on the continent:
With the competition of Thiago Silva and Marquinhos at Parc des Princes, Kimpembe may well have doubted his future prospects in Paris, but David Luiz's summer return to Chelsea has eased defensive competition.
Liverpool may, therefore, struggle in any future plans to recruit Kimpembe, who has been capped seven times by France at under-21 level and is starting to cause larger waves in his native land.



.jpg)







