
Chelsea Transfer News: Latest on Oscar and Leonardo Bonucci Rumours
Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has told reporters he’s delighted that playmaker Oscar decided to stay at Stamford Bridge this summer.
The Brazilian was linked with a switch to Serie A champions Juventus in the recent transfer window, per Tuttosport (via TalkSport), but the move never materialised.
Oscar has been in excellent form in the blue shirt so far in 2016/17, and Conte said the 25-year-old is in his plans for the rest of the campaign, according to Marc Williams of the Daily Star:
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
"There was speculation but I am very glad for him that he stayed because he is in my plans.
I always thought that this team needed a good balance both in possession and when you are without the ball.
[...]
Oscar is a good player with good technique and can do both phases, offensive and defensive. I asked him to stay always focused and to stay in the game.
He is an important player for Chelsea, a good passer, good technique, and he can scores goals. He sees the goal very well.
"

Chelsea didn’t perform particularly well in Friday night’s 2-1 defeat to Liverpool at Stamford Bridge, although Oscar was a rare shining light.
The 25-year-old is always looking for pockets of space in between the lines, while his ability on the ball has never been questioned.
N’Golo Kante and Nemanja Matic taking up the holding role has given Oscar more space to roam, and he should flourish in the advanced position as the campaign goes on.

Elsewhere, one of Chelsea’s summer targets, Leonardo Bonucci, has admitted he was tempted with a switch to the Premier League.
The Juventus man told Italian outlet Mediaset Premium that he gave the offered switch to England plenty of thought, but he considers Turin home (via Mark Brus for Metro.co.uk):
"If I said that I wasn’t tempted this summer by an offer from England, above all for the coach that wanted me, then that would be a lie.
But Juventus is my home and I am happy to have remained. My dream was to win with this shirt and now I am here, ready to improve as a player and challenge myself to make this team become a legend.
"

Chelsea brought David Luiz back to Stamford Bridge from Paris Saint-Germain in the summer to ease their defensive woes, but questions have been raised about the Brazilian’s ability.
The Blues are crying out for a no-nonsense defender in the same mould as John Terry to solidify the back line, and a player like Bonucci would have been an ideal fit.
As it is, Conte and Co. now have to go shopping once again when the transfer window opens in January.
The Blues face a real test when they return to Premier League action on September 24, as they travel to the Emirates for a showdown with Arsenal.



.jpg)







