
Barcelona Transfer News: Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, Ivan Rakitic Contract Talk
Barcelona director Albert Soler has confirmed the club are seeking to secure new deals for Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Ivan Rakitic.
Neymar committed his future to the club earlier in the summer by penning an extension, and now it seems that after the transfer window closed on Wednesday, Barcelona are making moves to tie down some more key men.
"We have closed 22 transactions, with three renewals of [Javier] Mascherano, [Sergio] Busquets and Neymar Jr., which are very important," Soler told the club’s official website. "The duty we have now is to renew Rakitic, Suarez and then Messi. The club does not stop."
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩

As the figurehead of the football club, getting Messi’s future secured will no doubt be the priority for the Blaugrana.
While there’s no suggestion that the Argentina international is looking to leave the Camp Nou, some tied to the club will be getting twitchy, with the 28-year-old’s terms set to expire in under two years' time. Losing Messi, arguably the finest footballer on the planet, would be a disaster for Barcelona.
Indeed, per the UEFA Champions League Twitter feed, Messi is almost a deity in Catalonia given his longstanding association with the club:
Suarez and Rakitic each signed in the summer of 2014 and have gone on to become linchpins in Luis Enrique’s side.
The former, in particular, has taken Spanish football by storm. To make a Barcelona team containing Messi and Neymar even better is no mean feat, although Suarez’s robust, physical and often spectacular style of centre-forward play has made the Blaugrana an irresistible attacking outfit.

As is the case with Messi, there are no fears about an imminent departure. But since joining the club, Suarez has enhanced his reputation, and a new contract would be just reward for his remarkable form, as documented by WhoScored.com:
Rakitic’s impact may not have been quite as bombastic, although he’s become the creative hub in the Barcelona midfield.
According to Mundo Deportivo (h/t Tom Farmery of the MailOnline), he could have left the club this summer, with Manchester United, Chelsea and Juventus all said to have been willing to sign him. However, the Croatia international is reportedly keen on prolonging his stay with Barca beyond 2019 after two glorious years.
Having completed some brilliant signings this summer in Jasper Cillessen, Denis Suarez, Samuel Umtiti, Lucas Digne, Andre Gomes and Paco Alcacer, Barcelona fans can be content with the work done by the club. Securing the star trio on long-term contracts would add the gloss to a fine few months for the Spanish champions.



.jpg)







