
Chelsea Transfer News: Latest Blues Rumours, Signings Targeted by Antonio Conte
Chelsea are said to be trailing Arsenal in the race to sign Real Madrid star James Rodriguez amid fears they could lose Eden Hazard if they chase a deal. Elsewhere, Juan Cuadrado's proposed return to Juventus has been paused.
Spanish daily Mundo Deportivo reported that Arsenal lead the way in the hunt to sign Rodriguez, with Chelsea seemingly wary of what a pursuit could mean for the future of talismanic winger Hazard (h/t Daily Star's Luke Gardener).

TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
That's because manager Antonio Conte is "fearful of losing Hazard to Real" if he turns up pressure on Real to sell, with Los Blancos having previously been linked with a move for the Belgium international.
Rodriguez has seen his status at the Santiago Bernabeu fall over the past year or so, but transfer writer Kristian Sturt recently stated his belief the South American can still be a major asset at the top level:
Chelsea, of course, don't have to sell Hazard should they so wish, but pursuit of a deal for Rodriguez risks re-opening Real's interest in the Blues star and thus the possibility of his own temptations playing their part.
Despite slipping further out of Real's starting XI options, Rodriguez has nevertheless proved himself to be a potent attacking threat when he is afforded playing chances, as pointed out by WhoScored.com:
Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane has reiterated his desire to keep hold of the player, in any case, and he told the media following Sunday's 3-0 win over Real Sociedad: "He is well and happy. He worked and helped us to gain the three points."
Elsewhere, Chelsea boss Conte is reported to have delayed Cuadrado's potential return to Juventus and is "yet to give the green light" on the deal despite failing to include the winger in any of his squads so far this term.

Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport reported Juve are ready to pay €3.5 million (£3 million) in order to bring the attacker back to Turin on a season-long loan (h/t Tom Coast of Sport Witness).
The Guardian's Serie A expert Fabrizio Romano backed up those reports and confirmed the Blues are merely mulling over Juve's offer, with a bid already laid out in front of them:
It seems Conte, therefore, holds the keys to whether the Colombian will leave Stamford Bridge or not, having enjoyed a successful temporary spell with the Serie A champions last term.
That being said, Coast mentioned Cuadrado could well be "still on his way out" of the west London club, having struggled to settle in at the Premier League outfit since joining in February 2015.



.jpg)







