
Manchester United Transfer News: Latest on Bastian Schweinsteiger Amid Exit Talk
Bayern Munich chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has slammed Manchester United for their treatment of Bastian Schweinsteiger after it was reported the former Germany captain had been told to train with the Red Devils' reserves.
Per the Irish Independent, the 32-year-old is set to be moved on by United as he is not in manager Jose Mourinho's plans and has been "banished from the first-team dressing room and forced to clear out his old locker."
Rummenigge told Bild (via the Irish Independent) that such actions could dissuade top stars from moving to Old Trafford in the future: "I could hardly believe it. One or two players are going to think long and hard in future about whether they want to go to such a club. Nothing like that has ever happened at [Bayern]."
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
In fact, when Schweinsteiger was at Bayern, he was told to train with the reserves in 2005 by then-manager Felix Magath before forcing his way back into the first team and becoming a club legend, per the Press Association (via the Guardian).
Schweinsteiger's year-long spell at United—he moved to Old Trafford for £14.4 million last summer—has not been overly successful, and he was plagued by injury in the latter stages of the 2015-16 term.
With James Ducker of the Telegraph reporting Paul Pogba is expected to arrive at the club for a record-breaking £100 million, there will be no place for Schweinsteiger in Mourinho's side, per Samuel Luckhurst in the Manchester Evening News.
Reports had suggested that he could be in line for a move back to the Allianz Arena, but Bayern manager Carlo Ancelotti has ruled out that possibility, per Darren Lewis in the Mirror: "In football there is no if. (Signing) Schweinsteiger is not in our ideas. He was a fantastic player for Bayern, he was a fantastic player for football, but I think that it is not time for him to come back to Munich."
As noted by Luckhurst, the German champions have little need for another midfielder:
There are likely to be a number of suitors for Schweinsteiger, though, given his immense experience and enduring quality on the ball.
Turkish champions Besiktas were previously linked to the eight-time Bundesliga, 2013 UEFA Champions League and 2014 FIFA World Cup winner, per the Telegraph's Richard Amofa and Harry Yorke.
What seems clear is that Schweinsteiger is headed toward the exit door at Old Trafford, and there are a number of people unhappy with the way he has been treated—his brother, Tobias, also seemed to weigh in on the matter:
Rummenigge's comments are unlikely to have a major impact on Mourinho and United, though, as they prepare for Sunday's Community Shield clash with Leicester City.



.jpg)







