NFLNBAMLBNHLWNBASoccerGolf
Featured Video
EPIC NFL Thanksgiving Slate 🙌
Seattle Seahawkswide receiver Doug Baldwin stretches before an NFL football game against the Pittsburgh Steelers, Sunday, Nov. 29, 2015, in Seattle. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren)
Seattle Seahawkswide receiver Doug Baldwin stretches before an NFL football game against the Pittsburgh Steelers, Sunday, Nov. 29, 2015, in Seattle. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren)Ted S. Warren/Associated Press

Doug Baldwin, Seahawks Agree to 4-Year Extension

Joe PantornoMay 19, 2016

Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Doug Baldwin is coming off a career season and was entering the final year of his contract, and on Tuesday the two sides agreed to a new contract to ensure the rising star stays in Seattle. 

Continue for updates.


TOP NEWS

Colts Jaguars Football
Rams Seahawks Football
Mississippi Football

Baldwin Agrees to Multiyear Extension 

Tuesday, June 28

Baldwin inked a contract extension with the Seahawks that is for four years and worth $11 million per year, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter


Carroll Comments on Baldwin Negotiations

Thursday, June 16

When asked how big of a deal it is to lock up Baldwin, head coach Pete Carroll made it clear, via Gregg Bell of the News Tribune. "It is a big deal. It is a big deal," said Carroll. "It is a very serious negotiation—as they all are. But he’s done an incredible job for us. He’s been a great, great teammate. Hopefully, eventually, we’ll get something worked out. I hope it happens. The intent is to get him signed and secured for a good while."


Baldwin Comments on Contract Situation

Thursday, May 19

Baldwin told NFL Network's NFL Total Access (via Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times) that contract talks hadn't begun yet, but they would soon.

"We’re going to be talking here shortly, at least that’s what I’ve been told," he said. "We’ll see how it goes. Of course, I’m not worried about it. I’m here working out with my teammates trying to get better for this upcoming season."


Baldwin Cashes in After Impressive Season

Given his performance in 2015, the Seahawks knew they had to lock up the 27-year-old and avoid having him become an unrestricted free agent. He recorded career and team highs with 103 targets, 78 receptions, 1,069 yards and a league-leading 14 touchdowns last year.

His efforts toward the end of the season helped propel the Seahawks to the playoffs, as he recorded 11 touchdowns in the final seven games of the season.

The NFL showed his final touchdown of a three-score day in Week 13 against the Baltimore Ravens:

Those kinds of numbers would lead many football players to feel secure about getting a new deal.

The receiver earned $3 million in 2014 and $4.65 million in 2015, and was expected to make $6.325 million in 2016 before the new deal, according to Spotrac.

Stats courtesy of Pro-Football-Reference.com.

EPIC NFL Thanksgiving Slate 🙌

TOP NEWS

Colts Jaguars Football
Rams Seahawks Football
Mississippi Football
Packers Bears Football

TRENDING ON B/R