NFLNBAMLBNHLWNBASoccerGolf
Featured Video
They Control the NBA This Summer ✍️
Boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. talks to a fan while sitting court side during the first half of an NBA basketball game between the Orlando Magic and the Oklahoma City Thunder in Orlando, Fla., Friday, Oct. 30, 2015. The Thunder won 139-136 in double overtime. (AP Photo/Phelan M. Ebenhack)
Boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. talks to a fan while sitting court side during the first half of an NBA basketball game between the Orlando Magic and the Oklahoma City Thunder in Orlando, Fla., Friday, Oct. 30, 2015. The Thunder won 139-136 in double overtime. (AP Photo/Phelan M. Ebenhack)Phelan M. Ebenhack/Associated Press

Floyd Mayweather Says He Was Offered New Contract by CBS, Showtime

Danny WebsterMay 15, 2016

As speculation about a fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor continues, Money may have fanned the flames by telling FightHype.com that CBS and Showtime have talked with him about a new contract.

The 49-0 fighter did not go into specifics, but he said the money is large.

"CBS and Showtime, they came to me for another big deal. I can't put no more money in the vault," Mayweather told FightHype.com (via Allan Fox of Boxing News 24). "We about to make the earth flip upside down y'all give me some more money. I want them to write the check."

TOP NEWS

Fox's "Special Forces" Red Carpet
Colts Jaguars Football

You can watch the interview below (warning: contains NSFW language):

While the recently retired Mayweather did not bring up McGregor's name as a potential opponent, Fox noted he appears to have focused on snagging a fight with the UFC star.

A one-fight deal would make sense for Mayweather, as Fox pointed out.

First, Money could end his career at 50-0. It seems unlikely it'll happen against McGregor, however.

Earlier this month, Mayweather revealed to FightHype.com (warning: contains NSFW language) that he and his camp started the rumors about a potential boxing match against the current UFC featherweight champion. However, UFC President Dana White said on ESPN Radio's Russillo & Kanell he doesn't see the fight happening (via ESPN.com's Brett Okamoto).

For a McGregor-Mayweather showdown to take place, the UFC would have to agree because, as White told Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times, the organization is McGregor's promoter.

It's also possible Mayweather will decline any offer that comes his way. He doesn't need the money and has nothing left to prove. Also, Fox noted that Mayweather's last fight against Andre Berto did not do well in the pay-per-view market. Dan Rafael of ESPN.com, citing industry sources, said the PPV was "a box-office bomb."

That event proved Mayweather's appeal in a boxing ring has died down since his fight against Manny Pacquiao last May. It seems fans would want a megafight if they're going to pay to see it.

They Control the NBA This Summer ✍️

TOP NEWS

Fox's "Special Forces" Red Carpet
Colts Jaguars Football
With Jayson Tatum sidelined, Celtics' fourth-quarter comeback falls short in Game 7 loss to 76ers
DENVER NUGGETS VS GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS, NBA

TRENDING ON B/R