
Floyd Mayweather Sr. Says Conor McGregor Fight Would Be 'Humiliating'
Floyd Mayweather Sr. has tipped a potential clash between his son and Ultimate Fighting Championship star Conor McGregor to be one of the biggest in history, but he said it would be "humiliating" for the mixed martial artist.
Speaking to the official Mayweather boxing YouTube channel, Mayweather Sr. gave McGregor a "zero percent" chance of defeating Money before elaborating on his prediction, per Pundit Arena's John Murphy:
"I think it would be bigger than Pacman and Floyd. You just wait and see.
[...]
"
"I’m not going to say that it would be the quickest knock out of Floyd’s career. I’m not gonna say that. But it would be one of the most humiliating fights that anyone could see.
"
Watch the video in full:
Rumours of a potential bout between the two icons have emerged in recent weeks, sending the fight community into a frenzy regarding Mayweather Jr.'s return to the ring after retiring last September.
When pushed for a definitive answer on whether or not he thought the fight will actually go ahead, Mayweather Sr. didn't leave much room for interpretation: "Oh hell yes. It’s an easy test. You know what Floyd’s gonna do."

Due to the two athletes competing in different disciplines, the mechanics of a bout are difficult to engineer, although McGregor's history as an amateur boxer—not to mention his confidence—means nothing is impossible.
Mayweather Jr. confirmed as much when speaking to FightHype.com earlier in the week, even going so far as to insinuate it was he who started rumours of a clash with The Notorious:
McGregor's career is currently in a state of flux after he was removed from the UFC 200 card for failing to fulfil his media obligations in the build-up to the July date in Las Vegas.
The Irishman suffered his first UFC defeat to Nate Diaz at UFC 196 in March, and ESPN presenter Skip Bayless has mocked the notion of a professional boxing debut against one of the best fighters in history:
Speculation of a Mayweather Jr. return also intensified after ESPN.com's Darren Rovell reported the 39-year-old's company, Mayweather Productions, had filed for two trademarks linked to the number 50—"TMT 50" and "TBE 50."
A fight opposite McGregor could spark the kind of attention to match the occasion of Mayweather Jr. possibly clinching his 50th career win. However, Bleacher Report's Jonathan Snowden has joined those who believe the MMA star's boxing isn't up to par:
"If McGregor "boxes" Mayweather the way he "boxes" MMA fighters, he doesn't last three rounds. Depending on Floyd's intentions.
— Jonathan Snowden (@JESnowden) May 9, 2016"
The Dubliner is a proud man, and Mayweather Sr.'s talk of "humiliation" may only inspire McGregor further to trade the Octagon for the ring in an attempt to prove his mettle against the elite.
In the end, the staggering potential for money to be made may be the only factor that matters as two fans of good business edge ever closer to a crossover megafight.


.jpg)






