
Laremy Tunsil May Press Charges Against Those Responsible for Social Media Hack
Miami Dolphins offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil isn't taking his draft-night misery lightly.
Tunsil's lawyer, Steven Farese, told the New York Post's Bart Hubbuch the first-round draft pick will pursue legal action against whoever was responsible for the unauthorized posts on his social media accounts.
The former Ole Miss Rebels star was front and center for one of the weirdest draft-night sagas fans have ever seen. Shortly before the draft was set to begin Thursday, someone posted a video to Tunsil's Twitter account that showed him smoking out of a bong (via WFAA's Mike Leslie):
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
Colts Release Kenny Moore

Projecting Every NFL Team's Starting Lineup 🔮

Rookie WRs Who Will Outplay Their Draft Value 📈
"Apparently someone hacked Laremy Tunsil's twitter account, and tweeted out this...
— Mike Leslie (@MikeLeslieWFAA) April 29, 2016"
MINUTES before the #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/KisLGuj2l9
"Man, it was a mistake. It happened years ago," Tunsil said of the bong-smoking video to NFL Network's Deion Sanders (via CNN's Motez Bishara and Jill Martin). "Someone had my Twitter account, and that's how it got on there."
Busted Coverage then shared two Instagram posts credited to Tunsil's accounts that appeared to show a conversation between him and Rebels assistant athletic director John Miller. During the exchange, Tunsil asked about the school footing his mother's electric bill:
Some wondered whether Tunsil's stepfather, Lindsey Miller, was responsible for the posts. According to the Clarion-Ledger's Daniel Paulling, Miller filed a lawsuit against Tunsil on Tuesday, alleging Tunsil caused emotional damage, first by physically attacking him and then by defaming him.
In an interview with TMZ Sports, though, Miller denied orchestrating the social media attack. On Friday, Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman reported the source of the posts may not have been a member of Tunsil's inner circle.
On Saturday, Andrew Abramson of the Palm Beach Post reported the Dolphins believe a former financial advisor of Tunsil's was responsible for the leaks. Abramson added the advisor had been fired prior to the leak.
In the days and weeks leading up to the draft, Tunsil looked like a potential top-five pick. Instead, he was the third offensive tackle selected and the 13th player overall.
Tunsil would have likely gone third at the earliest, and according to Over the Cap, the third pick is slotted to earn a little more than $25.8 million, compared to approximately $12.4 million for No. 13.
On Saturday, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the Baltimore Ravens would have taken Tunsil with the No. 6 overall pick if not for the video and opted for Notre Dame offensive tackle Ronnie Stanley instead. Ravens head coach John Harbaugh told NFL Network, via Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun, said the team was "disappointed" when they saw the video.
Considering how much money he potentially lost, it's not hard to see why Tunsil would vigorously go after whoever was responsible for hacking his social media accounts.

.png)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)