
Alexandre Pato to Chelsea: Latest Loan Details, Reaction and More
Former AC Milan superstar Alexandre Pato has returned to European club football after joining Premier League champions Chelsea from Brazilian club Corinthians.
Chelsea announced Pato's arrival on a loan until the end of the season. Pato himself said:
"I am so happy to sign for Chelsea. It is a dream for me. I am looking forward to meeting and getting to know my new team-mates and cannot wait to play. I thank Chelsea for their support and hope I can repay this faith to the club and its fans.
"
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
Chelsea interim manager Guus Hiddink wants to see commitment from the Blues' new addition, per Dominic Fifield of the Guardian:
"I want to see that desire in him. If he didn’t have that desire, he wouldn’t have made this step to come to the Premier League. He would have stayed in Brazil and life would have gone on. So this gives him the benefit of some of the doubts from the last few years.
It’s difficult to say [why he did not live up to his initial potential at Milan]. You need to know the circumstances as to why he did not fulfil his promise. Actually, not ‘promise’ because he did well at Milan. Rather, why he didn’t take the next step. That’s why it’s good to see him here. I will help him to take that next step, though in the end it will be up to him. He has to do it.
He’s brave because he could have been playing in Brazil, where there’s a bit more space to play your football. Here the tempo is high through 90 minutes, with less space and time. So that’s why you must respect his decision to come here on loan.
"
John Cross of the Mirror said the player's representatives had discussed the move with owner Roman Abramovich's "trusted transfer fixer," Marina Granovskaia, on Tuesday evening.
Brazilian publication Lance (h/t Tom Maston of Goal) recently claimed Chelsea were in talks with Pato as they attempted to tie up a transfer, giving the attacker a second chance in one of Europe's top leagues.

There had been speculation the player was on his way to Anfield to join Liverpool, with compatriots Philippe Coutinho and Roberto Firmino at the Merseyside giants.
According to Italian website TuttoMercatoWeb.com (h/t Bruce Archer of the Daily Express), the Reds were in pole position to land the Brazilian player. Italian journalist Alfredo Pedulla (h/t Rhys Turrell of the Daily Star) also claimed Pato would link up with Coutinho and Firmino to form a fluid attack in a deal worth £11 million.
Here is a video displaying Pato's recent excellent form:
The 26-year-old hit 15 goals in all competitions while on loan at Sao Paulo in 2015, according to WhoScored.com, and his recent form suggests he is ready for the demands of one of the toughest leagues in the world.
Pato was considered one of the great young talents on the planet when he signed for Milan in 2007 as a teen, but his six years in Italy were less fruitful than expected.

The Brazil international, who has been in the Selecao wilderness since 2013, certainly has the ability to be a long-term success, but his attitude has been questionable during patches of poor form.
The forward will have a thirst to prove he is no longer the player who failed in Serie A, and at 26, Pato has many miles left on the clock.
Chelsea are desperate for reinforcements, especially in the attacking department, and with the form and fitness of Eden Hazard in question, Pato will bring a touch of class with him to Stamford Bridge.






