NFLNBAMLBNHLWNBASoccerGolf
Featured Video
Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢
New AC Milan player, Italian striker Mario Balotelli (L) poses with AC Milan sporting director Adriano Galliani during a press conference on February 1, 2013 at San Siro Stadium in Milan. AFP PHOTO / GIUSEPPE CACACE        (Photo credit should read GIUSEPPE CACACE/AFP/Getty Images)
New AC Milan player, Italian striker Mario Balotelli (L) poses with AC Milan sporting director Adriano Galliani during a press conference on February 1, 2013 at San Siro Stadium in Milan. AFP PHOTO / GIUSEPPE CACACE (Photo credit should read GIUSEPPE CACACE/AFP/Getty Images)AFP/Getty Images

Liverpool Transfer News: Mario Balotelli Has 'Changed Radically' at AC Milan

Tom SunderlandSep 2, 2015

Milan CEO Adriano Galliani has voiced his pleasure after seeing how quickly on-loan Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli has turned a corner since returning to the San Siro last week.

The Rossoneri figurehead says the renowned bad boy has "changed radically" compared to the player who left for Anfield last summer, and he has shown drastic improvement in his attitude, per ESPN FC:

"

He has an extraordinary attitude, he's changed radically. He's the first to arrive at [the training centre] and the last to leave. Coach Sinisa Mihajlovic often wants the players to have breakfast at 8:30 a.m., and he's always there before 8.

He's probably realised that this is his last chance and I'm sure he won't waste it. His technical ability has never been in question. If he continues with the approach he's had in this first week then he'll be fine.

"

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports

Off-field behaviour has always been looked upon as Balotelli's greatest weakness and spells with Inter, Manchester City and Milan have in the past shown his less-than-likeable penchant for controversy.

The loan return to Milan has been met with a mixed response at the San Siro, according to BT Sport duo James Richardson and James Horncastle, who discussed the risks that go hand-in-hand with a Balotelli comeback:

His temporary departure was sanctioned after managing to score just a single goal in 16 Premier League games last season, which just so happened to be the least controversial campaign of his career to date as far as behaviour goes.

Balotelli has again missed out on a recall to Antonio Conte's Italy squad for the upcoming Euro 2016 qualifiers, but ex-Azzurri coach Cesare Prandelli told Radio Anch'io Sport he sees an international future for the player, per Football Italia:

"

It's hard to see a future for la Nazionale. You can see a future when our youngsters are developing, when you have a plan ahead for the next four to eight years. But if our lads reach the age of 20 and are competitive at the European level, and then end up finding no space in our championship then it means that Italian football has some problems.

[...]

I think this time Balotelli can show all of his value. I read his statements, he spoke of his father and his wish to work hard. I think Mario has a greater sense of responsibility now.

"

Prandelli's statement echoes the sentiment expressed by Galliani, so perhaps word of the player's reform is to be believed and fans can expect a more mature "Super Mario" in the months to come.

It's a win-win situation as far as Reds boss Brendan Rodgers will be concerned, who stands to see Liverpool recoup a chunk of their investment should Milan decide to re-sign Balotelli next summer, according to Nik Postinger:

It raises the question as to whether a disciplined Balotelli might even be worthy of a second chance at Anfield, despite struggling to fit in under Rodgers last term.

Bleacher Report's Adam Digby gives the 25-year-old more motivation by asserting he could easily emerge atop Italy's current crop of attackers if he were to regain his place in the national team:

After lapping up his share of the spotlight as one of football's most infamous figures in recent years, the penny would appear to have dropped for Balotelli, although only time will tell if results follow.

Roberto Mancini and Massimiliano Allegri would surely have liked having a well-behaved Balotelli at Manchester City and Milan, respectively, but Mihajlovic may happen upon just that this term.

Only after slumping to a low point in his career has the striker allegedly realised what he needs to do to realise his once vast potential, but time is running out in that regard.

Liverpool would have as much to gain as anyone if Balotelli can indeed stay grounded and revive his best form back in Milan, and the early signs suggest he's well on his way to rehabilitation.

Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports
United States v Japan - International Friendly
FIFA World Cup 2026 Venues - New York New Jersey Stadium

TRENDING ON B/R