
Manchester United Transfer News: Regan Poole Eyed to Follow Anthony Martial Deal
Old Trafford will be the scene of more deadline day business after it came to light Manchester United will look to sign Newport County defender Regan Poole after tying up a deal for Monaco striker Anthony Martial.
That's according to Simon Jones of the MailOnline, who claims a deal for the 17-year-old Poole could rise to £400,000 after travelling to Carrington for his medical with the Premier League giants.

TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
Jones adds the Wales under-17 international was the subject of a failed bid from Championship outfit Fulham after spending time on trial with Liverpool earlier this year.
BBC Wales Sport reports manager Louis van Gaal's side will pay an initial £100,000 fee for the centre-back prospect, with a larger payout dependent on future achievements with the top-flight outfit:
The news emerges after Sky Sports reported on Tuesday that the French prodigy Martial had completed his United medical prior to sealing a £36 million move to Old Trafford.
Poole made 11 League Two appearances for Newport County last season and became the club's youngest-ever player in September 2014 at the age of 16 years and 94 days.
The youngster recently started against Wolverhampton Wanderers in a 2-1 League Cup defeat, but he told BBC Sport of the wisdom he's gained under manager Terry Butcher after that loss:
"I've learnt an awful lot so far [from Butcher] and he's improved my game since I've been here... you can't learn off a better person. Me and Keiran have been talking and we've both learnt an awful lot... [assistant manager] Russell Osman as well, they were both awesome centre-backs in their time.
We do our defensive drills most days and we carry on learning. I had an awesome season last season through Justin [former manager Edinburgh], so hopefully I can carry on this season as well.
"
Poole will be making a leap of three divisions upon completing a deadline day move to Manchester, where he'll join the club's academy ranks with the intention of making a first-team impression in the years to come.
It's a world away from the gargantuan fee being forked out to sign Monaco's Martial, who will have a mountain of pressure placed upon him to ensure his impact is instantaneous.
Meanwhile, the Daily Mail's Mike Keegan says striker James Wilson could leave United on temporary terms this summer as long as the Red Devils reserve the right to recall their talent at any time:
Wilson made 13 Premier League appearances under Van Gaal last season, but Martial's arrival at the club appears likely to limit his influence on the senior side.
Van Gaal has seen his attacking ranks diminish this summer after Robin van Persie and Javier Hernandez were sold to Fenerbahce and Bayer Leverkusen, respectively, while Radamel Falcao failed to make his loan permanent.
Wilson has been looked upon as one of the club's more impressive youth products in recent years, but a temporary departure promises to hand him some much needed first-team minutes.



.jpg)







