
Barcelona Transfer News: Pedro Solution Imminent, Latest Alen Halilovic Rumours
Barcelona manager Luis Enrique has told reporters a decision will be made on the future of reported Manchester United transfer target Pedro soon, and following his absence from the Catalans' starting XI for the European Supercup match against Sevilla on Tuesday, his time at the Camp Nou seems to be coming to an end.
As reported by Manchester Evening News' Rob Dawson, Enrique told reporters the ongoing saga wouldn't impact his decision on whether or not to start Pedro against Sevilla, with Neymar sidelined due to illness. He also stated an announcement on Pedro's future is imminent:
"I have never decided to pick a player or leave him out because of the transfer window.
I would like to keep all my players through the whole season. But we have talked enough about Pedro. The solution will arrive soon.
"
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
Those comments were soon followed with the news Pedro wouldn't be starting against Sevilla, as Enrique opted to go with Rafinha, via Bleacher Report UK:
La Liga blogger Rafael Hernandez could think of only one explanation:
A La Masia graduate, Pedro has spent his entire professional career with the Blaugrana, first making an impact for the senior side in 2008. The Spain international was a regular under former manager Pep Guardiola, playing a vital role at a time the club dominated European football.
The arrivals of Neymar and Luis Suarez have pushed him down the pecking order, however, and with Rafinha and Munir El Haddadi ready for more minutes, his days as a regular contributor appeared numbered.
He unexpectedly signed a new deal at the end of the 2014-15 campaign, but as reported by Dawson, the contract provided a clause that would make it possible for him to move to a new club for just £21.2 million.
United need another star winger after the departure of Angel Di Maria, who joined Paris Saint-Germain after just one season at Old Trafford. WhoScored's Miguel Delaney is convinced the Spaniard is a far better fit in manager Louis van Gaal's system:
With Barcelona unable to register any new players due to a transfer embargo, the loss of Pedro could have major consequences. Arda Turan won't be able to line up for the Catalans until January, and while Rafinha and El Haddadi are supremely talented, they're both quite raw and lack the experience and savvy of Pedro.
If the team remains relatively injury-free the next few months, the sale ultimately doesn't matter all that much. But should one of the major stars in attack suffer a serious setback, Enrique will no longer be able to call upon one of the world's best bench contributors.
Alen Halilovic Loan Offers Reportedly Pouring In

Croatian starlet Alen Halilovic appeared primed to join Sporting Gijon on loan, but according to Goal's Ignasi Oliva Gispert, the Catalans have blocked his exit as a host of Premier League and Bundesliga clubs have now approached the Blaugrana:
"The 19-year-old appeared set to join Sporting Gijon on a season-long loan deal, with the team's head coach Abelardo a close friend of Blaugrana boss Luis Enrique.
But, reports of that deal alerted numerous teams across the continent to make offers for the player and Barca have now blocked his departure in order to examine the bids from England, Germany and several other La Liga sides.
"
According to La Liga blogger Sergi Dominguez, Hamburg will win the race for his services, and he doesn't like the move:
Halilovic joined Barcelona's youth setup with much fanfare in 2014, but so far, the 19-year-old is yet to impress. He looked out of his depth during pre-season and far from ready to contribute, but with Barcelona B relegated to the third tier of Spanish football, a solution had to be found.
The youngster is too talented to just sell at this point, and a loan seems like the perfect solution. A La Liga side perhaps made more sense, but per Sport (h/t Barcastuff), Halilovic felt more comfortable moving to the Bundesliga:
"There will no buy option in loan deal of Alen Halilovic (19) to Hamburg. Player preferred the German club to other interested teams. [sport]
— barcastuff (@barcastuff) August 11, 2015"
Hamburg struggled tremendously in 2014-15 and were forced to keep their Bundesliga spot in the relegation play-off. Unless he disappoints tremendously, Halilovic should be able to find plenty of minutes with the Germans, giving him a chance to continue his development before returning to the Camp Nou with a spot in the senior squad on his mind.



.jpg)







