There's change on the horizon for Liverpool's attack following reports that the Reds are reviving interest in Lazio winger Keita Diao Balde, while Fabio Borini has been told to make a decision on an offer from Fiorentina.
Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport insists Keita is back on the Reds' radar, and the club "will launch another bid before the end of this transfer window" as Lazio hold out for a €15 million fee (£10.5 million), via the Mirror's Aaron Flanagan.
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has already added to his forward line this summer with the acquisitions of Christian Benteke, Roberto Firmino and Danny Ings, but a natural winger is yet to arrive at the club.
Italian newspaper Tuttosport reported on Monday that Keita has handed in a transfer request at the Stadio San Paolo as he looks to force through a move, but Inter, Juventus and Fiorentina are also interested, per Football Italia:
The 20-year-old made 29 appearances for Lazio across all competitions last season, but he was mainly utilised as an option from the bench, starting just 10 of those games.
The player's agent, Ulisse Savini, spoke to Italian outlet Radio Sei in early July, alleging his client has been the subject of interest that's been found "particularly interesting," per Football Italia:
For years there have been several offers coming in, but considering the situation I have to say this summer they are particularly interesting. I personally spoke to Lazio and they said his sale is not predicted. It’s only natural that he isn’t satisfied with the situation, so we are evaluating other options.
Liverpool have a manager who relishes attacking players like Keita. It is a destination we would like, but we have to verify a series of situations. So far I have not had any direct contact with Liverpool.
Savini goes on to insist Inter are among Keita's admirers but aren't expecting to make a move for the youngster at this stage, relieving some of the pressure on Liverpool's shoulders.
Goal.com's Alex McMahon cited Corriere dello Sport, confirming Liverpool's long-held interest in the Spanish-born attacker:
The departure of Raheem Sterling has left room for competition on Liverpool's wings, with Lazar Markovic already among those hoping to supersede the likes of Adam Lallana and Jordon Ibe.
Keita fits into Rodgers' policy of purchasing young players, but a £10.5 million asking price looks steep for a player who wouldn't be guaranteed a first-team spot.
Fabio Borini Handed Fiorentina Deadline
Three years after leaving Italy for the second time in his career, Borini is being handed the chance to return to his homeland after Fiorentina tabled an offer for the Liverpool forward.
Italian outlet Tutto Mercato notes negotiations between the two clubs "have gone well" and La Viola have given their target a 48-hour window in which to make his decision, per Joe Short of the Daily Express.
Borini is considered surplus to requirements at Anfield after managing just three Premier League starts last season, falling further down Rodgers' pecking order this summer.
Last week, DiMarzio writer Nima Tavallaey reported Lazio and West Ham had joined Fiorentina in their hunt for the Merseyside misfit:
Despite failing to hit expectations at Anfield, Borini still has the potential to be a success, showing his worth during a loan spell at Sunderland in 2013-14, when he scored 10 goals in 40 first-team appearances.
Milanese journalist Tancredi Palmeri added that Fiorentina offered €6 million for the former Chelsea and Roma forward, just shy of Liverpool's €8 million valuation:
Borini last represented the club in April of this year and hasn't scored a competitive goal since January 17, failing to fit in at Anfield despite posing so much promise upon signing in 2012.
A move to Florence could bring an end to the 24-year-old's agonising tenure under Rodgers' command, hoping to revive his scoring standards in his native Serie A.