
WWE Rumors: Examining Latest Buzz Around Sting, Hall of Fame and More
The inspiration for modifying Sting's voice and what's next for the Hall of Fame headline the most recent batch of WWE rumors.
Theories aplenty popped up after Sting spoke on Monday's Raw, specifically about whose voice WWE might be using rather than his. A backstage report helps clear that up.
Pro wrestling media outlets also provided some clarity on how the company plans to complete the 2015 Hall of Fame class. One rumored name is out. Another one who has been coming up time and time again looks to be in next.
TOP NEWS

Fresh Backstage WWE Rumors 👊

Modern-Day Dream Matches 💭

Most Likely Backlash Heel/Face Turns 🎭
Other stories focus on the "secret meeting" before Monday's Raw and the state of NXT morale after a roller-coaster week. The former was not as dramatic as it first sounded.
Monday Meeting
Before Monday's Raw aired, word of a "secret meeting" circulated the Internet. Speculation and imagination made this more interesting than it was in real life. For example, some fans wondered if Vince McMahon was set to reveal that Brock Lesnar has walked out for good.
That was far from the case. This was not an out-of-the-ordinary meeting, for one.

Mike Johnson writes for PWInsider, "There is a meeting scheduled for 3:30 p.m., but there's nothing secret about it. WWE has meetings with the roster every few weeks at TV."
WWE officials did meet with the roster before Monday's show, but the details aren't as juicy as some imagined. According to F4WOnline (h/t Wrestling Inc), one of the topics discussed was that talent come to officials if they have any problems.
This sounds obvious, but bringing this up is likely a result of two recent controversies: CM Punk's allegations against WWE doctor Chris Amann, per Pro Wrestling Torch, and several prospects claiming that recently resigned trainer Bill DeMott was abusive during training, as summarized on PWInsider.
The company surely wants to avoid these kinds of situations in the future. It sounds as if McMahon was simply asking for better communication between wrestlers and officials.
Backstage Word on NXT Morale
When the tide of allegations rose too high, DeMott resigned from his position as head trainer at NXT. He made the announcement on Twitter:
That departure and excitement about where NXT is heading apparently had WWE's developmental talent in a good mood. According to Mike Johnson of PWInsider, "WWE NXT morale was extremely high after the Arnold Classic and the house shows over the weekend."
Johnson also added the following about the first day of training following DeMott's exit:
"I was told it was pretty much, so far, another day at the office but a lot of smiles among the developmental team. Those who didn't like DeMott are being very quiet about openly commenting about his departure while training. Nothing was said in regard to Demott by any of the other coaches or staff there to the talents.
"
With how successful NXT has become and where it projects to be in the near future, it's not surprising to hear that first bit of news. The second part will be more interesting to many.
It's telling that there have been very few folks to defend DeMott and push back against all the claims against him. If the alleged abuse was true, this is a mess that just won't go away easily. WWE will have to answer why it allowed this to continue to happen for so long.
Hall of Fame Updates
The Hall of Fame class is all but set, but there are still a few pieces to fit into the puzzle.
The Bushwhackers need someone to induct them. It appears it will be the man who once served as their flag bearer. F4WOnline reports, "John Laurinaitis is expected to induct The Bushwhackers into the WWE Hall of Fame."
As Johnny Ace, he had flag-holding duties for the duo in the late '80s, when they were still known as The Sheepherders.
There is continued word that Kevin Nash will be joining them soon. The latest update on that comes from PWInsider's Mike Johnson who reports, "The belief among those I've spoken to is that Kevin Nash will be the next announced WWE Hall of Famer."
This would give the class a headliner to go along with Randy Savage and be the third founding member of NWO to go in. It wouldn't be a surprise in the list if this is who next gets the nod.
A surprising name that was rumored to go in at one point is reportedly out of the running for the moment.
According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (h/t Wrestling Inc) Ray Stevens won't be inducted this year. A source told the outlet that it may have to do with Savage not being alive and WWE not wanting to have two posthumous inductions in the same ceremony.
Sting Speaks?
Something didn't sound right when Sting appeared on the big screen to address Triple H, and it goes beyond WWE ignoring The Icon's TNA history. His voice sounded strange, leading some to wonder if WWE had asked someone else to speak for him.
A few folks wondered on the Internet if it was Kane talking instead.
F4WOnline (h/t Ringside News) reports that it was in fact Sting's voice, but it was digitally altered. The move was apparently inspired by the Black Scorpion gimmick from the '90s.
This is just a case of WWE overthinking things. There was no need to change his voice. It only served to distract from what he was saying.
It made the moment more gimmicky than it needed to be.
Take inspiration from Sting's old gimmicks, not the foes he faced in the past. He has gone through a variety of gimmick tweaks throughout his career, and stealing bits of those is a smarter move than the one WWE made.



.jpg)


